Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

10 tips for staying on track

kaiaw
kaiaw
United States
2006/02/20, 09:33 PM
My gym is having a 60 day get fit challenge. They have given us exercise/nutrition log books as well as a whole lot of good advice. The following are 10 tips they included with our book. We've all heard them before, but just wanted to remind you all of them.

1. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water daily. Drink an additional 8 ounces of water for each 30 minutes you exercise.

2. Write down EVERYTHING you eat or drink. You'll think twice about what you eat if you have to write it down.

3. Eliminate or drastically reduce all refined carbohydrates such as white flour, sugar, white rice, sweets, candy, etc.

4. Get 30+ minutes of moderate physical activity on most, if not all, days of the week.

5. Consume 3-5 servings of vegetables and 2-3 servings of fruit daily.

6. Resistance train 3 times a week. Do not train the same muscle group 2 days in a row.

7. Whether you work-out with a partner or verbally commit to each other your intentions for the week, the buddy system is great for motivation towards your goals.

8. If weight loss is your goal, do not consume food after 7 PM in the evening. If you must eat, eat strictly protein. You'll feel better in the morning too!

9. Eat 5-6 small meals/day instead of 203 large meals, and ALWAYS eat breakfest!

10. In moments of weakness, remind yourself of what your ultimate goal is and decide if skipping a work-out or partaking in a bowl of ice cream is worth sabataging your dream.

I have been following most of these rules for the past 5 days, and have lost 5 pounds. Usually weight loss like that is water weight, but I have been steadily losing weight for the past 5 months, so I feel this is a legit weight loss. I'm having a hard time drinking as much water as they recommend. I think the most important tip they gave is to not eat after 7PM. I've been extremely strict with myself regarding that rule, and I truly believe that has furthered my progress more than anything else.

You may not feel all of these are right for you, but I thought I'd put them out there. They may give you the help you need to get the ball rolling, or to get you past any plateau you may be dealing with.
kaiaw
kaiaw
United States
2006/02/20, 09:35 PM
For rule 9, it should say 2/3, not 203. That'd be a whole lot of food and may hinder your weight loss!! :)
Nyxtikal
Nyxtikal
United States
2006/02/21, 01:04 AM
i was gonna type that too.....:laugh::laugh:

good post tho
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/02/21, 11:12 AM
Thank you, kaiaw! Congrats on the 5 lb loss, I have been following all these things for the most part, but I have my bad days of late. The first couple months were easier for me, but the last few weeks, which were also the most stressful I have had to endure in two months, challenged me continually and the beast of defeat nearly took me over, but I won't let it, not now, not when I have come this far, we CAN'T let that beast get to us when we work so hard for our goals!!

Good luck to you and thank you again!!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill