Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

New here, want to lose 50-60 pounds

doodersmom
doodersmom
United States
2006/02/13, 12:58 PM
Hi, I am new here. I am 27 years old. I am 5'2 and am 185#.
I have a 3 year old son who is my life.:love: But sadly along with him came the fat. I have just not taken it off yet. That is my fault b/c I can't get into a routine of exercise and I love to eat. I was dx with Multiple Sclerosis in Dec. 2004. I am doing good but I know that losing weight would be of great benifit for my MS. I would like to get down to 125-130. That is 50-60 pounds. I want to do this as quick as possible. I am just tired of looking at myself in the mirror this way. It is depressing.:( Any advice will be great. Thanks.
Nyxtikal
Nyxtikal
United States
2006/02/14, 12:18 AM
get your diet in order first, then try one of the exercise programs taht the site has to offer and you should be well on your way. good luck
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/14, 01:45 PM
yup good advice. Also i would try not focusing so much on the big picture. Figure out what you need to do each week perhaps even day and take it 1 at a time. A big success like that is made up of a whole lot of little ones :)

Good luck! You can do it!
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/02/16, 03:02 PM
Hi there doodersmom, don't focus on getting the weight off quickly, there is no healthy way to do that. Focus on getting healthy, take it one day at a time. Set yourself weekly goals and keep in mind that you should only lose about 1to 2lbs a week. There are great exercise and diet plans on this site and you have the support of thousands. Once you start, stick with it. And when you hit a platou (which everyone does, it's completely normal) just step it up a bit. Don't give up, it will be tuff but the rewards will be sweet:big_smile: Good Luck

--------------
\"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them.\" -LOTR Trilogy