Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Losing Weight?!!? Yeah right!...

kreyzkristen124
kreyzkristen124
United States
2006/01/27, 10:22 AM
...Losing Weight!..i just can't seem to do it! I mean i know im only 17 but i want to lose it sooo bad...im overwieght for my height..okay I'm 5'5 and i weigh 165lbs..i mean c'mon thats horrible..but i dont know how i can change it..I'm eating healthy and the "sweet temptations" aren't hard to fight for me but since im young i cant go to the GYM!! And i need to work out, well at least i think i should. I'm doing an ab/pilates/butt workout at home but i dont think its even working and i dont think its gonna, because i need to lose the weight before i can start toning up..ya kno!?! And its WAY TOO COLD..to even think about running outside and after that im left with nothing!I just dont want to be overweight anymore and i want to look and feel good about myself. my boyfriend keeps telling me that since im eating rite i will lose weight but i dont believe him because i dont think that just eating right will help me lose anything if im not exercising..i think that I'll either stay at the same weight or lose maybe a pound or so..which is nothing! Well if anyone has ANY suggestions about what i can/should do PLEASE HELP ME!!!!....Thanks...:(

-Kristen

--------------
Your first stru love never dies...just don\'t let go...
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/01/27, 10:51 AM
Exercise will definitely help but it always goes back to diet. If you're overweight the odds are you're caloric intake is too high or you aren't eating the right mix of foods.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/01/27, 10:53 AM
Hi Kristen and welcome to FT. Congratulations on eating healthier, that's a great start. What I'd suggest to you, as far as exercise goes, is start thinking about what you can do and not what you can't do. I live in Canada, so I can relate to the too cold, but I find that once I force myself to get outside for a run or walk, it's never as cold as I thought and I feel 100% better for doing it! Most high schools have gyms that can be used and there are often alot of recreational programs you could join. Even simple things like walking instead of getting a drive helps. The exercise program you're doing at home will be helping as well. It just takes time! Educate yourself by reading all the info here at FT on both good nutrition and exercise. Good for you for passing on the chocolate cream puff...not sure I could've done that:)

Good Luck and try to think "I can" instead of "I can't"!!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
kreyzkristen124
kreyzkristen124
United States
2006/01/27, 11:02 AM
thanks for your info..and (flyonthewall) im going to take your advice and run afterschool and actually i just found out that one of my teachers are starting a walking group afterschoool which will definetly help me! Your advice was very helpful and very nice...thnks for not saying that im "LAZY"..:laugh:because i am trying and thanks for your help..i hope to talk to you soon..:)

-Kristen:love:

--------------
Your first true love never dies...just dont let go...
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/01/27, 11:06 AM
Any time Kristen! I think you'll really enjoy the walking group. Good Luck!
kreyzkristen124
kreyzkristen124
United States
2006/01/27, 11:14 AM
oooh and to you (mikencharleston)...now im on a 2131 calorie diet...and i hope thats going to help and also most of the time i dont even eat that many so i definetly know that im not going over. Basically everyday i eat Basic 4 or Special K cereal in the morning with a Banana. Then i eat a side salad with low fat dressing and chicken in the salad(5 nuggets)and i drink water. Then for dinner i eat a small portion of the meal. I used to eat fast food everyday for lunch and sometimes also for dinner. And i used to eat dinner at my bf's house and at my own house..and im a really BIG snacker so it was CRAZY!!!! i just ate all the time. and i def. know that im also an emotional eater. but i hope that eating rite will help. and im going to try to exercise as best as i can...thnks

kristen:love:

--------------
Your first true love never dies...just dont let go...
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/30, 11:10 AM
Let me help with something that made it make more sense to me, I'll make it as simple as I can, though there is much more to it, this helps in my day-to-day thinking...

-Your body burns the carbs first
-If you have excess carbs, a percentage are stored as fat
-If you burn up all those carbs, the next to go is the fat, the fat will only burn once the carb energy is burned up.
-You won't burn fat if you exceed in carbs
-Eat higher fat food items and you store more fat, eat lower, store less!

Our bodies need carbs for fuel, we need fat, we need protein, etc....what we have to keep in mind is that anything in EXCESS is where we find most of our problems. If you exceed your bodies need of carbs (your body burns what you need for energy, so if you exercise more you burn more, etc.) then a percentage of those carbs becomes stored as MORE FAT and if your body doesn't need to dig into your fat resources because it didn't even need all those carbs for energy, you don't burn that fat off and you have more due to the excess carbs. Thus why you need lower carbs and try to eat GOOD carbs when you do and why you need to eat lower fat foods.

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Just live life and enjoy it!