Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Little advice please?

Liam11
Liam11
United Kingdom
2006/01/16, 04:31 PM
im looking for some help, ive just lost abit of weight i started off around 24 stone and am now 19 stone, so whats that about 70lb? anyway ive still got alot to go. anyway ive noticed my skin is becoming loose in some areas is there any excercise i can do to tighten it up? also i want to start building some muscle and getting fit, is there any excersices i can do? ive been using dumbells but im not quite sure what i should be focusing on. it seems ive lost most of the weight from the chest upwards but my mid sections not moving, is there anything i can do to work of the fat round my belly?
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/16, 08:05 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss and welcome to FT!!

If you are losing weight in a healthier, slower fashion than you have a better chance of the skin returning to a tigher form, a quicker weight loss can result in loose skin. But, it all depends upon your skin's elasticity and that varies from individual to individual.

NO SUCH THING AS SPOT REDUCTION, sorry, your diet and exercise will be the only thing to give you an all over loss, we just seem to notice the areas where we carry what seems to be a larger amount of fat more and it drives us batty! Keep up what you are doing, be patient and know that you have made great strides already!! :)

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Just live life and enjoy it!