Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

60 lbs in 8 months?

kaiaw
kaiaw
United States
2006/01/14, 11:45 AM
My brother just got engaged!! The wedding is set for sometime in August and I now have a specific goal of losing 60 lbs before the wedding. Up until now, I have not had a specific goal, other than lose alot of weight. Working out isn't a problem- I go 5-6 times/week for 1 hour (25-30 mins cardio, and lifting the rest) with my workout buddy- we make sure we keep each other going and always work our butts off- and she's in great shape and a health nut which helps me greatly too. My weightless thus far has been slower- 17 lbs/3.5 months. I have done this by eating fairly healthy. So today marks my "start date" for eating VERY healthy. Of course I had to choose to start on a weekend- that's the only time I cheat! But cheat no more- no more drinking, no pizza, no fast food.... (no fun??) haha.

Anyways, to my question.... 60 lbs in 8 months isn't unrealistic, is it? It breaks down to 7.5 lbs/month. I've always heart 8lbs/month is safe.. I'm sure with new eating habits I'll probably lose faster at first, then steady off. Of course, if I lose more than 60 lbs, that'd be great. But 60 seems reasonable to me. Is it?
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/01/14, 01:52 PM
Sure it's achievable and after reading your profile, it looks like you've come a long way already (Congratulations). A lot of people (me inlcluded) intentionally have cheat days but just don't push it too far. :) Stick with it long enough and you'll find not wanting a lot of things - greasy fast food in particular.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/16, 02:26 PM
Good luck with you, kaiaw, it sounds like you are in a very good position to complete your goals! You have implemented many things over the past months and now you just need to get a bit more serious, that is what I am doing, I had a small loss but I want a bigger, final one, I want to get to my goals and I can't unless I am serious, 100% serious. I have lost three pounds over the past two weeks or so and I am trying to lose 8 pounds a month and I would be happy with that. Hang in there, I think you are on your way!!!!!!!!!

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Just live life and enjoy it!