Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

lose about 20lb

crz40
crz40
United States
2006/01/11, 12:56 AM
im 16 and ive been a huge growth spurt and im 6'1, i quit playing sports and found my self just being way to lazy and eating alot when i was 14 i my weight was probley around 120lb now its 180lb im not fat or nothing i just want to lose that little chubbyness i have so i figure if i lose about 20-30lb my muscles will show again and ill feel alot better mentally so i got a couple of questions.

1.my fat seems to be just at my lower stomach and upper legs but im thinking thats mostly muscle because when i stand or flex it i push it and it doesnt move just like my calfs when i flex them. but i have fat mostley in my lower abs and i want to get rid of it and i ride 4wheelers alot and i race them so im use to stress in my muscles and on my body, what can i do to get rid of this fat because it seems to be starting stress marks that i dont like at all on the inside of my thighs.

so if anyone has any tips please let me know i would like to be like i use to be.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/11, 10:12 AM
Hi, crz40, it is good to have you hear. Best thing you can do if you are serious is fill in your profile and take advantage of FT's FREE programs. The next thing is you will need to look at your nutrition and how much exercise you get in a day. Make good choices in your meals, I know my 15 yo from about 14+ started eating a lot of chocolate, junk food, treats, etc. and I had to just remove it from the house and replace with fruits, salads, and good for you treats. Talk to your parents and see what you can do together to improve your eating habits. Eat at least 3 meals a day, better yet 4-6, that way when you are hungry you are eating and have less chance to overeat. Get your exercise, 3+ days a week of 30+ minutes CARDIO and add some weight lifting and you should be on the road to a fitter you AND a healthier lifestyle for your future!

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Just live life and enjoy it!
crz40
crz40
United States
2006/01/12, 10:11 PM
thanks for you post