Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

What do you hate what do you like

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/12/31, 02:09 PM
Okay, let's start with the "What do you hate" question as that always seems to be the easiest to answer:

"Name one thing that you hate about your body and would like to change" Only one now, mind you!

Now, "Name four things you like about your body", FOUR things, you have to find FOUR!

Do you find it is much easier to rattle off things you hate rather than things you like? I know it is for me, so maybe you could start each day by remembering those four things that you like about your body and focus on those, the positives, not the negatives to help get you through.

Did you know that the National Eating Disorders Association says, "The average American woman is 5’4" tall and weighs 140 pounds. The average American model is 5’11" tall and weighs 117 pounds." We have to start being realistic about our goals, our body types, our health. Don't compare yourself to others, instead be the best YOU can be.

Donald C. Cole, MD. examined 16 published studies in which researchers looked at the relationship between a patient's beliefs or expectations about his or her health outcome compared with the actual outcome. The medical conditions of the people being studied included heart attack, back pain, surgery, mental health problems, and obesity.
In 15 of 16 studies, people with the more optimistic outlook had the better results when it came to recovery.

Go ahead, give yourself a HUG! Happy New Year, make it all you want it to be!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/06, 07:52 PM
Well, I will start then....

I HATE MY FAT, which pretty much cover most of my body.

This is the hard part...and I can't say I LOVE anything about me, but I like...my fingers, they aren't too fat...I like my hair, it doesn't get fat, I like my eyes, they don't get fat, and I like my ears they aren't fat or too big...I guess I am okay with anything that isn't fat....

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Just live life and enjoy it!
blinkie
blinkie
United States
2006/01/07, 09:19 PM
Do you really not love anything about your body? That's really sad. I'm a great big girl, but I am what I am. Try, please try, to love yourself, your whole self, even the fat parts. I've found that so many times, people, especially women, use thier weight as an excuss. "I'll be happy once I loose weight" or "I'll never like myself as long as I'm fat" and then they loose a whole bunch of weight and find that they still aren't happy and they still don't like themselves and then they are faced with a huge dissappointment worse than any obesity. Everyone, especially ladies, need to learn to love themselves, thier whole selves, even thier physical selves, exactly as they are.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/01/07, 10:09 PM
That was a good post blinkie. You need to quit lurking.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2006/01/11, 03:54 PM
I'll go on this one. I hate my fat too, but mostly the fat in my midsection. If that would just go away a little I'd be pretty ok with the rest of me.

I love... my boobs. They are very pretty. I love my eyes, they are very pretty as well. I love my hair, and I love my fingernails(people ask if they are fake but they are REAL!)
Yay me!!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/11, 04:24 PM
I should have phrased that differently, I am unhappy with my body the way it is (not so much myself as a whole, although it effects most everything I do), I don't love it this way and I am not going to lie, I don't like myself fat, period, there is nothing wrong with admitting that, I spent 30 years thin and 14 fat and I liked myself thin, I was happy with my body, I was active, I could tie my shoes without grunting, I could run if a stalker was chasing me, I could wear so many clothes I enjoy rather than trying to find clothes to cover myself the best I can, I just felt good, I don't feel good fat, I don't and I won't love myself fat, I am not going to kid myself and say I do or I could, I won't because I want to be healthy -not necessary thin as I once was, but healthy that is the key to my losing weight, just like money won't cure the unhappy, it sure as heck can make life easier, and just like losing weight won't guarantee me happiness, it will make me healthy and life will be easier when I can climb 3 flights of stairs without having an asthma attack! :) If you can love your body with or without the extra weight that is absolutely wonderful and a great attitude and I wish that I could love my body more the way I am right now, I am happy with my mind, and my looks are alright, and one day I hope to be happy with my body again.

And mikencharleston is right, you need to come around more because you have a great attitude and we need more people like you here at FT!!

============
Quoting from blinkie:

Do you really not love anything about your body? That's really sad. I'm a great big girl, but I am what I am. Try, please try, to love yourself, your whole self, even the fat parts. I've found that so many times, people, especially women, use thier weight as an excuss. "I'll be happy once I loose weight" or "I'll never like myself as long as I'm fat" and then they loose a whole bunch of weight and find that they still aren't happy and they still don't like themselves and then they are faced with a huge dissappointment worse than any obesity. Everyone, especially ladies, need to learn to love themselves, thier whole selves, even thier physical selves, exactly as they are.
=============

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/11, 04:26 PM
WELL GOSH, CRISTALBELL, THERE YOU ARE! I had looked forward to your posts when I came back and couldn't find you in any current ones! How about an update for an old online friend? Missed you and hope you are doing well!!

============
Quoting from CristalBelle:

I'll go on this one. I hate my fat too, but mostly the fat in my midsection. If that would just go away a little I'd be pretty ok with the rest of me.

I love... my boobs. They are very pretty. I love my eyes, they are very pretty as well. I love my hair, and I love my fingernails(people ask if they are fake but they are REAL!)
Yay me!!

=============

--------------
Veda