Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Am I too fat?

timbanaan1
timbanaan1
Netherlands
2005/12/19, 04:36 PM
Hello,
I'm a boy of 15 years oldand I weigh 205 poundsat an height of 5'11. am i too fat?
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2005/12/31, 11:52 AM
You have to do a body composition (bodyfat check) to really know...someone who is 205lbs and has a bf% of 6% is not fat and some one of the same weight but with a bf of say 40% is...
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/12/31, 12:06 PM
She is right!

My son is almost identical to your traits, he is 15, weighs 204 and is 5'11", he is a very muscular, well built kid, but doing a composition, we found he needs to lose 21 pounds. It came on very quickly, as sometimes does with some teens about this age. He has always had a tendency to gain some before he goes through a growth spurt in height, but he has now joined me by exercising more, we started walking together and he joined me on the Discovery Challenge. I am thrilled to have a workout buddy at home now and it is good that he is becoming more and more aware of how important exercise and nutrition is! If you are interested, there is a wonderful exercise and nutrition program here at FT and you can do a body comp at www.mybodycomp.com and that will give you a good idea, though it can't compare to the actual instruments used to measure body fat, it is a good tool.

Good luck to you and welcome to FT!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!