Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Overtraining?

spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/07/31, 09:38 AM
I honestly think I could be over-doing it at the gym. When it comes to working out, I think I may be compulsive..? Soemone out there wish to help me on his one? Listen up...

I lift M-W-F-Sat...and the other days are supposed to be 'off' days.....well...I hit the treadmill, intense aerobic classes, or kickboxing on those days...so, really, I don't have any days off. I KNOW that my body needs those rest days...so I have TO FORCE myself to stay out of the gym at least one day of the week...and that is so hard because I feel very guilty about it. I go in the next day and work twice as hard...because I feel lazy about the day before. I sometimes lift, then go take a class...in the same day....and that sometimes means I am at the gym for 2-2 1/2 hours!

Am I crazy????? :)

Thanks in advance...
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/07/31, 09:43 AM
I forgot to mention that I can't remember the last time I got a full night's sleep......I have a hard time falling asleep.....and can't sleep all night.....

I AM crazy-huh?
paulz
paulz
United States
2001/08/01, 11:12 AM
hey
you are not crazy just passionate!! you dont get the same results by overworking. but it sounds like you know that. keep up on your protein and vitamins and take a rest sometimes you deserve it
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/08/02, 10:52 AM
You know. I wish I were as passionate as you in terms of working out.

Give your body a break though. Think if it as your fun day, do whatever you want. You can still be active, maybe go to the beach if your close to one or go to a mall or something or bike ride. That's still keeping your body moving just not in the gym.

Good luck.
erin4ever1990
erin4ever1990
United States
2001/08/02, 10:39 PM
You know Spanishgirl that even God rested on the seventh day!(lol) You don't do your body any good if you do not give it time to recover. As one told me here not too long ago, if you are having a hard time sleeping it may be due to overtraining. You have to let the body rest because it deserves it! As Chris said, I wish I could have your passion and motivation as well.
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/08/02, 10:59 PM
You all are great!!! Thanks for the replies....

Train hard!