Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 317, Photos: 0, Messages: 6423

Get involved with the discussion and fellow members with your own questions or advice to share. Simply click above to get started.

Back to topic list
Sticky Easy Calorie Formulas to help understand
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
  • 2004/06/11, 07:01 PM
    I soooooo agree, danieljlove, that is what I soooooo much want to feel, clothes that don't bind, dig, pinch, suffocate! That would be sooooo coooool!!

Hiya, prairiegirl, it's hard, you just don't want to sabatoge yourself, you know, that would just be such a bummer after working out so hard and finding out that your calories are way off. I have felt so much better eating more, but the right things and that in itself is progress! Good luck to you, you can do it!!

--------------
    Veda
    MISERY IS OPTIONAL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • 2004/06/13, 06:03 PM
    Veda, I was gone for the weekend but DanielJ's explanation was right on what I was trying to say.

The other thing I said about muscle pushing out the fat is true. You may get bigger before getting smaller. My wifes thighs grew for a while and now she's worried about how to get rid of the loose skin. The slower you shrink, the better your skin can cope with resizing. It'll happen.

--------------
    Foolish consistancies are the hobgoblins of small minds.

Charlie
  • 2004/06/14, 12:24 PM
    You got that right, Charlie, I want to take it easy and see as consistant results as possible, the last thing I need is my chin sagging on my chest and my chest sagging on my knees and my knees leaving trails in the sand behind me!!

--------------
    Veda
    MISERY IS OPTIONAL
    ***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
    ***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • 2006/01/26, 08:41 AM
    bump
  • 2007/01/08, 08:51 PM
    I need someone to hlep me understand what is good for me to eat amd what isen't... So please help if anyone knows where I can go to get a print out of the in formation. That would be great... Thanks:big_smile:

--------------
    Desiree
  • 2007/01/11, 01:43 PM
    Desiree,

Probably better to make a new post than to add to a old one. You might not get an answer when you post to old ones.
    Here is a link to help you out.

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/pro/Message.jsp?f_ix=3&t_ix=2564

Check out the rest of the Specific Diets and Nutrition for more information.

Good luck
  • 2007/06/23, 06:52 PM
    I just started the biggest looser diet and it has you check your calorie intake by taking your weight and multiplying it by 7. If you are over 300 lbs you use 300 as your weight number. example I am 389 lbs I multiply 300x7=2100 calories. This is a big differance from FT. FT wants me at 5500 calories. I am going to stick with the 2100 cal number. Less intake, more output, bigger results.

Good luck everyone
  • 2007/07/25, 01:57 PM
    Well after playing around with programs for four months, I have lost 29 lbs and feel better for it. I started at 314 lbs in Feb. as of today I am at 285 lbs. I still have about 60 lbs to go but all is well. Still playing around with the eating part, but thats all comes in time. I am 5'10" and doctor thinks 220 lbs would be about the right weight for me as I have a large frame. It help to have a site like this to help with programs and encouragement at this time.
    Thank you all for your posts and programs.
  • 2010/04/27, 10:24 AM
    how do you know how much fat,protein and carbs you need to intake everyday? When i used the nutrition profile to calculate my needed caloric intake it was a little over 3300 but when i did it to veda's formula it was only 2320......I'm confused on where to start....
  • 2010/08/11, 08:59 PM
    This is a good resource I believe because I never understood how to calculate the calories and things so this has helped me a lot thanks.. :big_smile:

--------------
    *~JeSsIc@~*
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages

© 2012 FreeTrainers.com - Fitness guide - Nutrition guide - Find workouts - Find exercises - Groups - Members
Company info - Help - Terms of service - Privacy policy - Contact us