Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

pregnant and need exercise advice

prego01
prego01
United States
2004/04/17, 03:06 AM
i need help coming up with an exercise routine for while i am pregnant if any one can help please let me know becouse i just dont know what to do! thanks alot!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/17, 09:14 AM
Have you been exercising before your pregnancy?

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
temptatshun
temptatshun
United States
2004/04/20, 04:56 PM
when i Was pregnant with my daughter I religiously read a book called "what to expect while expecting." It has some good reads on excercise and also the type of stuff that isn't to strenuous when you get bigger.

By the way congratulations

I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2004/04/21, 10:36 AM
I had that book too temptashun! It does offer much great advice.

prego - you should check with your doctor before you start any exercise routine - especially if you are pregnant. There is much you can do - even plan one through this site. Just get it checked with the doc to see if she/he recommends it.
Congrats to you :big_smile:
gretchen100
gretchen100
United States
2004/05/13, 10:16 PM
I worked out during my five pregnancies and was ever so grateful I did. First make sure that it is healthy for you to do so; check with your doctor for limitations. If he okays it,consider this may be a good idea:
-always drink a lot of water throughout your workout.
-ask your doctor what your heartrate should not exceed.
-swimming is great and easy on the back and belly.
-If you're already on an exercise program, you can probably continue the same one throughout your pregnancy.
-stretch a lot after your workout and before. Your joints are more easily injured during pregnancy due to relaxin.
If you feel light-headed, stop.
-Be sure you're eating enough. If you get too sick to eat, back off on the exercise for a while.
-Watch out for doing exercises that make it easy to over-extend the joints which can be so easily injured, especially in the third trimester.
-Don't feel guilty if you're too tired or sick to work out; it's not worth it when your body is telling you to rest!

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/07/01, 08:33 AM
bump
EnJoy
EnJoy
Australia
2004/08/21, 05:27 AM
I am 6 months pregnant and my goal is to continue a training program for the rest of my pregnancy and would also like a program for the next 16 weeks after the delivery of my baby to compete in a triathlon can u please send me these programs ..thank you .. :)
toppita1979
toppita1979
United States
2004/09/15, 12:11 AM
I am four months prego and I have heard that if you can find it in your area baby boot camp is great. They have you do things like jog and do longues with your stroller. and baby push-up/kisses. neat things you can do to bond with your little one and get back into shape. it would probably be a good step to get you started on your triathalon training, to help get your joints back up to par.

--------------
The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it!
violetrainbow19
violetrainbow19
United States
2006/08/09, 06:57 PM
Hi my name is Tiffany I am 6 months pregnant, its my first child and I am despratefor some help on finding an exercise rutine that wont hurt the baby and will benifit me for when i start my diet and workout plan after the baby is born. I ordered winsor palates circle program and my mom wont give me it till september 20th my birthday i will be 20. i started out 188lbs. and now Im 213lbs.please help a prego in need. Thank you :) Tiffany

luciliam
luciliam
Canada
2006/10/28, 06:15 PM
Let me tell u someting. Training while preg. is the best. Assuming you've been training for yrs. I'm 38 and trained during my pregnanciesup to the 9th month. People at the gym admire u 4 that, they would come up to me and ask me about training & the big belly. I was 9 months pregnant and kept on going like the Duracell battery.

Obviously there r muscles that cannot be trained after a while such as Abs. Everything else is ok, obviously don't push too hard. Annnnnnd please don't perform heavy squats, u don't want to go into premature labor at the gym LOL.

Let's just say that I gained 18 lbs w/ my 1st child and 20 lbs w/ my 2nd. It took me less than 2 week to get back to my flat toned belly.

Go for it just don't exert youself too much. And u know u will be doing something good for when you're in labor.
Good luck
FYI - I've been traning now for 15 yrs
============
Quoting from prego01:

i need help coming up with an exercise routine for while i am pregnant if any one can help please let me know becouse i just dont know what to do! thanks alot!
=============