Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

HELP NEED TO GET IN SHAPE BY MAY

onelilhorangi
onelilhorangi
United States
2004/02/13, 07:09 PM
I really need help to lose weight. I want to lose weight off my hips, thighs, arms, legs, calves and my stomach. Please help. My goal is to have a smaller waist, firmer and rounder butt, lean arms and legs. I was going to try fat burners like Hydroxycut but I know its extremely bad for your health.. sooo I am going to try the old way. I am going to participate in a wedding.. sigh* what are the best machines to have. I want to jog but I dont want a smaller butt.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/02/13, 10:20 PM
Theres no "magical pill" sorry to say. Don't waste your money, ive taken them and all i did was sweat more. IN 3 months you will see results good one if you diet and excercise properly. As for losing weight in certain areas you can't do that( infomecrials lie). When you burn calories you burn it all over your body, not just in your arms or stomach. If you excercise you will tone all over.
I always suggested for the cheerleaders that work out with me a 3 day split
mon chest legs
wed shoulders back
fri legs arms

legs are done 2 times a week because most girls would rather have more toned a musculer lower body then big arms or chest. However one day is a "light day" with medium reps 4 excercises, the other day should have 2 or 3 excercises with higher reps. Keep reps over 12 weight light, and you should tone up nicely, but the key to everything is your diet witho out that your wasting your time. on the days you don't work out do some cardio maybe 30 min or so get your heart rate up pretty good, do this at least 2 times a week if not 3 times a week keep one day toyourself not to do anything just to rest and watcha lil tv. hope this helps and good luck

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!

LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR!!
smak67
smak67
United States
2004/02/16, 12:32 AM
Diet is very important and so is proper exercise. Some good cardio, not necessarily jogging is very good for shedding some pounds.
Work hard and good luck.

--------------
Sean...
strive for excellence
spenco
spenco
Canada
2004/02/18, 09:44 PM
how do u mean good cardio?
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/18, 09:56 PM
HIIT( High intensity interval trainging) is a good example of good cardio

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
spenco
spenco
Canada
2004/02/19, 12:37 AM
how long would it take to see results of that? im not just talking weight loss but the overall shape youre in?
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/19, 12:39 AM
With hiit you will see results in a short period of time.

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
Speeder
Speeder
Canada
2004/02/19, 08:42 AM

How long depends on if your Diet and Routine are in Check. but within a few months you should start to see some Changes, and feel them within 4-6 weeks.

If you need to loose weight, then just loosing weight can change the look of your body. I would say that after the initial Weight loss (about 10lbs in the frist few weeks) you can expect to loose about 2-3lbs a week with a Good Solid Diet and Cardio/Weight Routine setup :cool:
spenco
spenco
Canada
2004/02/20, 01:39 AM
do you need to cary your hiit routine as well? or can u just do the same thing for weeks on end?
spenco
spenco
Canada
2004/02/20, 01:39 AM
vary sorry
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/02/20, 01:11 PM
I see the best results when I do something different every time I do cardio. Even on just a treadmill you can do a lot of different things. One long steady session, one incline session, a short HIIT session, a 25 min Incline Interval session, a short run, a longer jog. And at least once a week for a few minutes I walk backwards. If you have access to several different kinds of equipment the best cardio is 10 minutes each on 3 different machines, treadmill, bike, stepper, eliptical, recumbent bike, etc.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
get_in_shape
get_in_shape
United States
2004/10/15, 06:21 PM
hi my name is urfi and i whant to get in shape im 15 yrs old I just stard it high school
i whant to know what can i do to get in shape pls help me i whant to have great abs and muscles and all
KandiSue15
KandiSue15
United States
2006/01/15, 12:05 PM
Hey my name is Kandi, i am lookin for a way to help keep a diet and work out plan to firm my hips, thighs, and stomach...Can you help me please email me one at KottenKandi15@hotmail.com, plz and thanks
wanttorun
wanttorun
United States
2007/01/16, 06:08 PM

============
Quoting from onelilhorangi:

I really need help to lose weight. I want to lose weight off my hips, thighs, arms, legs, calves and my stomach. Please help. My goal is to have a smaller waist, firmer and rounder butt, lean arms and legs. I was going to try fat burners like Hydroxycut but I know its extremely bad for your health.. sooo I am going to try the old way. I am going to participate in a wedding.. sigh* what are the best machines to have. I want to jog but I dont want a smaller butt.
=============
when you lose weight you lose it everywhere on your body, and the end result will be the body you acquired through genes. if you want your butt to look good, you have to really work it out. but you WILL notice a gradual change. if you start now, by may youll be set!