Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

c-section and abs

lissankai
lissankai
United States
2003/04/27, 06:58 PM
I delivered my daughter by c-section and have had a complete hysterectomy since. What would be good exercises to do for my abs that would work with the fact my stomach muscles have been cut in mind?
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2003/04/28, 09:58 AM
How long has it been since this operation was performed lissankai? If it has only been a little while, I would go easy on the abs until your doctor approves exercise for them. If it has been awhile, the abs program on the site has many different exercises to choose from. Good luck!
nikelsanddimes
nikelsanddimes
United States
2003/05/16, 11:05 AM

============
Quoting from I_Am-azon:

How long has it been since this operation was performed lissankai? If it has only been a little while, I would go easy on the abs until your doctor approves exercise for them. If it has been awhile, the abs program on the site has many different exercises to choose from. Good luck!
=============

well it's been 3 years since my c-section and I have excersiced, dieted and lost 60 pounds I went from a size 16 to a 5/6. I lost at least 10 inches around my waist. but my stomach is just hanging. it is no longer hanging over my private spot but it is so unpretty to me. Is surgery the only thing left for me to do to get rid of the excess? even though I am 130 pounds and cosidered slim i still think my stomach needs some more work. what do you think? you can email me @ nikelsanddimes@yahoo.com
tgates
tgates
United States
2003/05/20, 12:17 PM
I didn't have a c section, but had to have emergency abdominal surgery apx 3 years ago due to a ruptured ovary. This left me with about a 6-8" scar from hip to hip. I still experience some numbess and haven't had very good results from ab exercises either. It seems the scar has created somewhat of a "shelf" in my lower abs. No matter how low my bf gets, the pouch is still there. I'm also considering checking into surgery to see if this can be repaired.

--------------
T - That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger...only the strong survive!
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2003/05/20, 01:26 PM
I asked a plastic surgeon about this - unluckily, some womens skin isn't as elastic as others thus creating that "shelf" tgates mentioned. Even being in perfect physical shape may not be enough. The doctor mentioned that tummy tucks are what is usually done in instances such as these, BUT, if you intend on having any more children - DO NOT get this done! ....I wish I had better news for you both :(
reallyneedanap
reallyneedanap
United States
2003/05/20, 10:35 PM
I've also had a c-section. Mine was two and a half months ago. During my pregnancy (which happened to be my fifth), I was unable to work out due to pre-term contractions. Anyway, during my pregnancy,I gained 35 pounds and am still carrying around twenty of those. I was 120 lbs and quite strong and toned, now I'm a flabby 140. The extra weight along with the pouch from the c-section are quite depressing. I've only been back in the gym for a couple of weeks, but am noticing that it is difficult to really have a good workout since my tummy is a bit sore and I'm tiring out before really getting into the workout. Any suggestions?
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2003/05/22, 02:58 PM
Look at an old rubber band that has been stretched out to no return. That is what happens to the elastic tissue in many people through weight gain and loss, surgeries and pregnancies. NO amount of exercise or diet will get rid of it. I don't care what they tell you. That is such a minute percentage of the population it is not worth mentioning. You can bend and exercise that rubber band all you want but notices it just hangs there never getting back its rubber. No cream is going to help either. Nonsense. Unfortunately after you lose all the weight you want to lose and have done your program for about a year you will see what you are left with. And surgery is the only answer but not without risks or expense or pain. And the results are not miracles but do look nicer. It just galls me when people are saying try this exercise or eat this and it will go away. The doctor told me there is body fat that is diet and exercise resistant and showed me the rubber band to help my visual as to what was going on with my tummy. I did not have stretch marks but had a round hard pot belly that was going no where. I had a mini tummy tuck and look 100% better but not twenty again. I am 49. It was major surgery don't let anyone tell you different and expensive and painful. Get informed and accept what you cannot change but strive to be the best you can be. If you opt for surgery, I have no problem with that. Also remember these surgeries and lipo are not for weight reduction. You dont'; even lose 5 lbs but are for problem areas that are genetically shaped that way and resistant to diet and exercise.
bb107
bb107
United States
2003/06/06, 07:20 PM
Well, needless to say I have the same problem .. I'm wondering if the weight loss is slower and exercise is done at the same time .... do you think that might help that loose skin a bit? I'm willing to try it anyway .. if I have to lose at a slower rate to achieve a little less of that flabby skin.
Magical1
Magical1
United States
2003/06/16, 04:12 AM
When I had my son by c-section, my grandmother made me wear a gurdle to do something **lololol**, however, I think it really helped because my sisters stomach looks really bad because she didn't want Granny's advice. lol.

Felicia
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/06/05, 08:40 PM
My wife had 2 c-sections, her tummy is getting pretty tight now. Our last baby was born 14 weeks ago, she's doing ab workout from here, and so far so good. She may not have that perfect belly, but as of now she's pretty happy with the results. So there is hope ladies.

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.
PRINCESS_KIMYA
PRINCESS_KIMYA
United States
2007/01/06, 09:11 AM
HI IM 19 YEARS OLD AND I HAD MY BABY SEPT 4. 2006. BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT I HAD A BEAUTIFUL SHAPE WITH A SIX PACK. I'M IN NEED OF AN SOLUTION FAST ON HOW I CAN GET MY SIX PACK BACK WITHOUT SUGERY. I'AM VERY DEPRESSED AND I WOULD LOVE TO WEAR MY SEXY SHIRTS AGAIN. PLEASE SOMEONE,ANYONE HELP ME. PRINCESSKIMYA87@YAHOO.COM EMAIL ME WITH ANY INFO ON THIS.:)
photobunny
photobunny
United Kingdom
2007/01/10, 08:24 PM
Ive had two c-sections in 3 years, lost about 50lbs to date after my second son, but the pouch is still there lol, its not really that bad and not noticible unless Im unclothed, I know my tummy wont ever be what it was before I had my babies, but I tend to concentrate more on the bits I like about myself:)
kenyangal83
kenyangal83
Kenya
2007/03/20, 09:22 AM

============
Quoting from magical1:

When I had my son by c-section, my grandmother made me wear a gurdle to do something **lololol**, however, I think it really helped because my sisters stomach looks really bad because she didn't want Granny's advice. lol.

Felicia
=============
I dont have a baby, but i've heard the tying thing really works. Immediately after birth, you tie the tummy with something inelastic. i have no idea how it works though
nelsonj
nelsonj
United States
2007/12/28, 05:43 PM
i had 3 c-sectios in the last one was 4 years ago will i ever be able to get a six pk my wt is 160lbs please help:(
nelsonj
nelsonj
United States
2007/12/28, 05:47 PM

============
Quoting from kenyangal83: i fill its so hard to lose wt its kinda depressing to me

=============