Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Sticky Starting Out Tips for Weight Reduction

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2010/06/01, 06:21 PM
yes they well, check under the Exercise Program section at the top of the page to start your own personalized program. :)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Sambo234
Sambo234
United States
2010/08/22, 02:56 PM
I do actually..its pretty nice..i am just waiting for the right woman like you to come along!

============
Quoting from christal086:

unless you live on a boat in the middle of the ocean i cant see why you cant walk or run down the street.

and if you do live on a boat go swimming :) (just kidding, i'm sure you dont live on a boat)
=============
JessikaGarcia
JessikaGarcia
United States
2011/02/28, 10:39 PM
I'm so glad to read that there are other people out there that feel the way I do. I am trying to lose about 70lbs and have no support at home which makes me feel extremely alone and lost. I hope to find more people like me that won't mind being a distant support system

Jessika G.
jem2872
jem2872
United States
2011/04/10, 03:59 AM
great motivational post. It's amazing the little things we forget to remember on a daily basis.
ashley-dawn011
ashley-dawn011
United States
2011/05/01, 09:21 PM
im not over weight, but i see that i have grown some unwanted "love handles, bigger thighs & a yes belly pouch". Its not excessive, but iv noticed that when i put on my favorite jeans i have a muffin top & i tend to wear sweaters and hoodies to hide them. I really want to be comfortable wearing a normal shirt again & since summer is just around the corner i really want to feel "sexy" in my bikini. Any suggestions?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2011/12/27, 02:21 PM
Hi Ashley there are two specific things you need to look at:
1. Your Diet
2. Your Workout Routines

if you cut out the small stuff such as sodas, chips, etc, you will see a loss in weight quickly, but implementing 5-6 small healthy meals daily will boost your metabolism up to burn fat more frequently. Add in a good combination of cardio (HIIT is great, do a search on fitbuddy below) and weight training (doesn't need to be heavy) and you will be able to tighten up those unwanted love handles, and belly pouch.

Depending on how your activity level is currently, you'll need to increase it. I would suggest trying out one of the free workouts on here. Click the "Exercise Program" at the top of this page to get started. GOOD LUCK!

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
dixiefire
dixiefire
United States
2012/05/03, 12:03 PM
i have started gaining weight since i started drinking protein shakes.i use the EAS protein shake premade that is choclate it has 120 cal and 4 grms of carbs i use ice a table spoon of peanut butter and a banana to make a smoothie could that be the reason im gaining weight.
2012/05/04, 12:01 AM
dixiefire
i have started gaining weight since i started drinking protein shakes.i use the EAS protein shake premade that is choclate it has 120 cal and 4 grms of carbs i use ice a table spoon of peanut butter and a banana to make a smoothie could that be the reason im gaining weight.

---Yes, bananas and peanut butter are high in calories. Your shake should mainly  be a protein source used immediately post work out.
dixiefire
dixiefire
United States
2012/05/04, 08:22 AM
CharlieMV
dixiefire

---Yes, bananas and peanut butter are high in calories. Your shake should mainly be a protein source used immediately post work out.

---thank you
nehabansal
nehabansal
India
2012/05/30, 04:25 AM
Good  information about  weight reduction.

---
Cthomson1984
Cthomson1984
United States
2012/08/19, 09:36 AM
Love this!!!
Found this article and thought I would share. :)

---------------------------

The following 10 tips to weight reduction don't involve buying expensive foods or hiring a personal trainer. Instead, they involve common sense.

Tip 1:

Choose activities that are fun. Exercise doesn't have to be a chore and the more fun it is, the more likely you are to stick with it.

Tip 2:

Variety is the spice of life! Don't just find one thing and stick to it... your guaranteed to get bored eventually. Find a couple different types of exercise that you enjoy (swimming, biking, weight training, yoga, group exercise classes, etc.) and mix it up!

Tip 3:

Keep a record of your activities. Set small "achievable" milestones and reward yourself periodically. Nothing motivates and keeps you going like success!

Tip 4:

Make it a lifestyle! Short-term diets and fitness kicks don't work. Lifestyle changes that become part of your normal routine are important for long-term success.

Watch the clock. Pick a time that's convenient and try to stick to it. If you get used to working out before work or walking during your lunch hour... you're more likely to stick with it.

Tip 5:

Don't be too hard on yourself. If you miss an exercise opportunity, try to work something else in rather than feeling down. If a lunch meeting interferes with your regular walk... go for a walk after dinner.

Tip 6:

Stay entertained. Music is a great motivator and can make exercise more fun. Mix your own CD's with your favorite music or books on tape and take them along when you're working out. Many people also like to watch TV or catch up on their soaps while on a treadmill. Whatever it takes to keep up with the program.

Tip 7:

Surround yourself with supportive people. Share your activity with others who want to see you succeed and will be encouraging. It may be a friend, family member, or neighbor, or US!

Tip 8:

Run with a co-worker over lunch or find a workout partner. If you're at the gym at the same time everyday, look for people that may have similar goals... since your schedules are the same, maybe he/she is looking for a workout partner?

Tip 9:

Slow and steady wins the race. Don't risk injury by pushing yourself too hard too quickly. Start with low to moderate level activities and gradually increase the duration and intensity of your workouts as you become more fit.

Tip 10:

But... don't get lazy! While pushing yourself too hard is bad... not doing enough is equally bad! There is a fine line between staying on a plateau and providing enough stimulus so your body will grow. You should gradually increase the amount of weight you lift, the length of your cardio exercise, etc. to keep you moving towards your goal. If your goal is overall fitness, you should work up to exercising three or four times per week for 30-60 minutes.

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!

- Unknown

---
BeauBody38
BeauBody38
United States
2014/12/30, 12:35 AM
sweetu773
1 see ur food first :cool:

2 do exercie daily:dumbbell:

3 try 2 be happy and busy:big_smile: :love:

4 get up early in the morning and at time:)

---I do that and I was able to maintain my healthy weight for years.
BeauBody38
BeauBody38
United States
2015/01/02, 11:26 PM
I lose weight when my sleep is right. I exercise at least 30 minutes a day and eat natural foods.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2016/01/13, 04:10 PM
BeauBody38
I lose weight when my sleep is right. I exercise at least 30 minutes a day and eat natural foods.

---

Many people underestimate the importance of sleep!!!  It is most vital to a healthy, active life.  Meditation at night before bed is a great way to unwind and fall into a peaceful sleep with you electronics around. (except that alarm clock to wake you in the morning.)
pvanessaw
pvanessaw
United States
2016/08/02, 12:28 PM
Hello! I am new to this forum and if you're looking for personal training assistance and/or nutrition coaching, I offer certified online coaching for both areas of wellness and would love to help you reach your goals together. If you're interested in working together, please feel free to contact me (Paige) at walte497@d.umn.edu to get started. I look forward to hearing from you! :) I also have a blog/website that you can check out if you want to get to know more about me and my background- www.walte497.wix.com/paige
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages