Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Second Year college student

Lartravia99
Lartravia99
United States
2018/09/08, 01:31 AM
This is my second year in college and I need to be in shape. All my life I have been in the heavier side along with my parents and some of my siblings not all of us. I’ve learned to embrace my curves after being made of them for so long and all of a sudden people think it’s a trend to have curves. But for me I have to many curves. I just want to be the best me I can be because all my doctors said the way my body is made I have great potential of having a great shape, I’m just 40 pounds over weight :/
COLJOH
COLJOH
United States
2018/09/11, 09:03 PM
Cardio and body weight workouts. The cardio will help you cut weight and build endurance. The body weight workouts will assist in cutting weight while making you stronger without bulking up. Examples: pushups, pull-ups, body weight squats, burpees, kettle bell swings, planks, etc
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2018/10/03, 08:14 AM
It all starts in the kitchen.  It's hard to lose weight regardless of how much time and effort you put into excercising and working out if your diet is poor.  It's also easy to start too much too soon and expect too much. 

I would suggest to check your daily caloric intake and see where you can clean it up if needed, and look into a simple weight program.  If you have access to a gym and only have time for either cardio or weight training, I would go with the latter.  As you build muscle your body will burn more calories.  Muscle burns calories which can help with weight loss goals.