Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

scared about anorexic habits

starvinghunger
starvinghunger
United States
2007/12/30, 02:59 PM
Ok so I have dealt with anorexia for a long time. I had a heart attack when I was sixteen because of it. I am at a higher weight now than I have been in a long time... so naturally I want it to come back off... quickly. I am eighteen and I am five foot four. I weigh 132. I want to take off about ten pounds quickly... and ultimately take off at least twenty two pounds.

But here's the thing. I want to lose it the right way. My heart wants to lose the weight the same way I used to... and I just got done with a pretty long water fast. But those are the things my head wants to avoid.

maybe I'm just completely crazy... but how do I do this?

--------------
\\"I told another lie today... and I got through this day... no one saw through my games. I know the right words to say... Like I don\\'t feel well... I ate before I came. Then someone tells me how good I look... and for a moment... for a moment... I am happy.\" ~superchick
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/12/30, 03:49 PM
First of all, I think that 22 lbs is too much. 5'4" and 110 lbs seems awful thin. I'm 5'3 and look great about 135. But, then again, I have a lot of muscle, maybe that's not your body type. Not to mention, I think that women look best with a little curve to them. You get too thin, and it's just scarey. And why so fast? You said twice that you want to do it FAST! You shouldn't be looking for any quick fixes, you need to incorporate a healthy lifestyle that will help you your entire life. So, the weight comes off at a SLOW HEALTHY rate, isn't that better than gaining and losing and gaining and losing because it was done the "fast" unhealthy way?
As far as how to do it, with your medical history, and eating disorder history, I would not recommend any weight loss regimine without the guidance of your doctor.
starvinghunger
starvinghunger
United States
2007/12/30, 05:24 PM
Thanks...

If I lost 22 pounds... I would still be in my healthy BMI range... ant that's why my doctor won't set a 'diet plan' for me... because I am at the 'normal' range. My BMI is about 22.5, so it could stand to be lower. If I lost 22 pounds... it would be around nineteen... which is still in the 'normal' zone.

I don't know why I want it off fast... I just do. I hate looking like I do... but at the same time... that's the part that is gonna get me in trouble. I really am trying not to go back to my old ways... that's why I'm here and I'm telling my story.

But you are right... I do need to take it slower... it's just hard when you have done it the wrong way for so many years.

--------------
\\"I told another lie today... and I got through this day... no one saw through my games. I know the right words to say... Like I don\\'t feel well... I ate before I came. Then someone tells me how good I look... and for a moment... for a moment... I am happy.\" ~superchick
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/12/31, 09:08 AM
You will find a lot of resources here about eating right for weight loss, as well as the exercises that you can do. For a healthy diet search under the WSSC diet plan. It may seem like a lot of food at first, but by incorporating the healthy portions and the right ratios of fat, carbs and protien, you will lose a little weight, but also put on muscle which makes you look smaller, but keeps you healthy.
Maybe there is a support group in your area for eating disorders? That may help you in coping with the eating disorder while you visit free trainers for your healthy lifestyle ideas. You can always come here too. I have not had an eating disorder, but I know that others here have.
Good luck, and stay healthy!
starvinghunger
starvinghunger
United States
2007/12/31, 10:23 AM
There are plenty of support groups around here... I was already in one of them when my mom found out and went absolutely CRAZY when I was fifteen. She put me in an inpatient home... and they helped set me up with a support group after I left. It worked for a little while... but then my insurance dropped me and I can't afford it anymore... kinda sucks.

--------------
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/12/31, 12:15 PM
Aren't there any free support groups? Forgive my ignorance but I'm thinking like AA, or overeaters ann. type groups?
starvinghunger
starvinghunger
United States
2007/12/31, 01:16 PM
lol... if I go about an hour and a half away... but I live in a small town. The only thing we have here is two stop signs... a fire hall... a torn down post office... and a tiny gas station... I'm telling ya... old western towns... that's where I live. lol.

--------------
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/12/31, 02:57 PM
lol. Well, not sure what to do with that! lol
Envied
Envied
United States
2010/04/11, 07:34 PM
Be nice to your heart. It keeps you alive. Feed it so it can work. Just feed it healthy foods, and it will keep you healthy. :):love: