Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Reverting to Old Habits

antiXcore
antiXcore
United States
2007/03/19, 07:55 PM
I'm officially ED-NOS (Eating Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified). I have primarily anorexic tendencies with some COE thrown in. At the height (or really rock bottom) of my affliction I weighed 97lbs and am 5'4, I also suffered a mild heart attack due to overuse of diet pills. I have recieved lots of treatment for my disorder and have overcome it, even though I'm unhappy at the weight I am. (170 currently, back to my highest weight ever.) I fear that committing myself to an exercise and nutrition program that I'll be tempted to fall into my old bad habits again. Which, I really don't want to do for obvious reasons. Has anyone else had these fears? Or am I just extra-crazy?

--------------
\"It is human nature to think wisely and act in an absurd fashion.\" -Anatole France
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/03/21, 12:10 PM
I have never suffered as you say you have but I don't see how committing yourself to an excersise and nutrition program will promote bad habits as you suggest. Surely, it will achieve exactly the opposite?

============
Quoting from antiXcore:

I fear that committing myself to an exercise and nutrition program that I'll be tempted to fall into my old bad habits again.

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
antiXcore
antiXcore
United States
2007/03/21, 02:02 PM
Well I fear instead of doing what's being asked of me, I'll take it even further, push even harder, eat even less. I'm aware of the fear so I doubt it'll come into fruition since I'm watching myself closely. There's always that fear when I go out to eat, how many calories, is anyone watching me, do they think I'm a cow? Etc. I just wanted to know from people with similar experience if they ever fear falling out of recovery.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/03/22, 01:37 AM
Anti the best advice I can give you is that it is all up to you! If you don't want to be in that position again and you want to achieve a healthy lifestyle the proper way, it will be up to you to ensure that happens. We can give you all the tools necessary to achieve this, but without your dedication, discipline and willingness it will not be achievable. All that being said, we are here to help you through this process and I for one can say that anything is attainable if one puts their mind, heart and soul into it!

Good luck and let us know if you need anything!:dumbbell:

--------------
Bettia

"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open." - Lord Thomas Dewar