Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Nicole Richie

crazy_cat_06
crazy_cat_06
Australia
2006/06/07, 10:40 PM
Ok can someone clear this for me. They say if u starve urself your body holds onto fat and you dont lose weight. So then how do people like Nicole Richie lose so much weight so quickly by starving themselves? It seems contradicting to me.
I have battled bouts of starving myself in the past, but not losing any weight, and I have recently been eating much healthier and exercising often, and still not achieving weight loss!
I dont have an eating disorder, I just dont understand how someone is meant to lose weight by eating more, opposed to someone who is eating very little?
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/06/08, 09:30 AM
Starving yourself will result in a short term wt loss, BUT You'll completely mess up you metabolism and make permanent wt loss more challenging later on. There is NO advantage to starving yourself. Change your eating habits for good and set yourself up for a long and healthy life!!! If you are near your goal wt (less than 10lbs) stop focusing onwhat the scale says and focus on getting fitter!
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/06/11, 02:33 PM
Most important thing to remember on a starvation diet is, what you lose. Nicole Richie is a perfect example. The girl literally has no muscle tone because she has lost so much lean tissue due to under nourishment.

As far as the rest of your post goes, losing weight is the result of having a calorie deficit. You need to learn good eating habits and how to diet properly. Browse the specific diet and nutrition forum and check out "diet thread", "max dietary deficit for fat loss" and the "grocery list for healthy eating". Those three threads will get you moving in the right direcion. Try and learn all you can about maintenance calories, how to determine them, and there importance. If you like, I can send you a little something on them, just let me know. It might take a day or two, as lately I'm finding less time to check the boards as before. Good luck and welcome to FT!

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....
crazy_cat_06
crazy_cat_06
Australia
2006/06/13, 02:18 AM
Yes, more information would be useful, thanks.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/06/13, 08:21 AM
I checked out "max dietary defecit for fat loss" yesterday and it answered alot of questions for me.Sometimes I forget that most of the answers I'm looking for have already been posted,sometimes they're not so easy to find though.Thanks Mojo.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/06/23, 09:39 PM
Hey crazy_cat...sorry for not getting back to you sooner, been pretty busy lately and haven't been online much. Check your inbox...hope it helps.:)

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....
Philia2
Philia2
France
2006/07/29, 06:03 AM
Now don't forget that people like Nicole Richie has surgery as well to smooth out stubborn soft corners... :)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.free2bmore.com
LaurenAR
LaurenAR
United States
2006/09/15, 04:32 PM
I don't doubt that cocaine was a factor in her weight loss. :big_smile:
angelmamma24
angelmamma24
United States
2008/02/29, 09:04 PM

============
Quoting from Mojo_67:

Most important thing to remember on a starvation diet is, what you lose. Nicole Richie is a perfect example. The girl literally has no muscle tone because she has lost so much lean tissue due to under nourishment.

As far as the rest of your post goes, losing weight is the result of having a calorie deficit. You need to learn good eating habits and how to diet properly. Browse the specific diet and nutrition forum and check out "diet thread", "max dietary deficit for fat loss" and the "grocery list for healthy eating". Those three threads will get you moving in the right direcion. Try and learn all you can about maintenance calories, how to determine them, and there importance. If you like, I can send you a little something on them, just let me know. It might take a day or two, as lately I'm finding less time to check the boards as before. Good luck and welcome to FT!

=============
COuld someone please help me? I am 24,5'4, & 170. I am gaining more & more all the time b/c I don't know how to STOP myself...Please help if you can!

--------------
Amanda Michelle
Speeder
Speeder
Canada
2008/03/01, 09:45 AM

well that's half your problem...your looking for someone else to step in and show you "how" to stop eating....no one can watch you 24/7...there is no one that will care as much about you, and your weight as yourself, and if you can't even stop yourself, to achieve your goals, then who will?

Take some accountability, and stop yourself, its called will power!

Get informed and form yourself a diet plan, that you are eating enough Calories, and often enough, and stick to it to achieve your goals......

============
Quoting from angelmamma24:

COuld someone please help me? I am 24,5'4, & 170. I am gaining more & more all the time b/c I don't know how to STOP myself...Please help if you can!

=============
corless319
corless319
United States
2008/03/07, 04:09 PM
eat more just less calories eat healthy snacks a lot of them fills you up while not really giving you anything. Amanda only you can make a difference just get the information and be proactive activity breeds motivation motivation = hard work and hard work turns into success.