Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Motivation question

mysticalfairy22
mysticalfairy22
United States
2008/02/15, 07:27 PM
How do you find something that motivates you to lose weight?:dumbbell::)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/02/15, 07:31 PM
Well, there are plenty of ways.... reading some of the threads here is a good start. Reading some fitness books will do it for me. Brother Iron, Sister Steel or Your Body Revival by Dave Draper are a couple of good starts.

Some people post a picture of someone they admire. Hang around with fitness minded people..

There's a few for ya...

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/02/16, 07:59 AM
Or you could use yourself for motivation. You are 22 and 305 right? If that is not motivation I am not sure what else is. You are most likely not over 5 ft 7in? And at that weight are considered in the extreme danger zone.

Ok that said what to do right? Start moving for one. Something as simple as a walk 3 times a week to start will do wonders. Also look at what you eat, when you eat and how much. Control that and you control your weight loss.
Good luck!

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
linda45inbrick
linda45inbrick
United States
2008/03/26, 09:12 AM
I will tell you what my motivation was...
My mother came to visit... and i watched her at 68..22 short years older than me... diabetes.. high blood pressure... wet herself when she stood up..sat down ..layed down... arthritis so bad she one leg is now shorter than the other and used a wheelchair... over 300 pounds
we are the same height... and i had all of that and asthama and lupus on top of it...years of steroids had ballooned my weight to 292... and no matabolism...and so depressed!!
So I consulted professionals... tried to work out..but had no success...So on their advice I had gastric bypass surgery on 10/4/07... i am now down to 172 pounds... diabetes gone...blood pressure normal... no asthma or lupus flare ups!! i work out 4-5 days a week. I eat healthy and sleep up to 7 hours a night now!! Never knew i had sleep apnea. I go up and down stairs and do my own laundry. I run and play with the grandkids!! From a size 26 to a 14 so far!!
Would i recommend this?? Only as a last resort. Get your exercises here!! Do it! It works!! Get outside!! Play. Laugh..Run!! Watch the biggest looser on TV!! They are truely inspirational people!! You can do it!! Keep me up on how you are doing!! You are too young to miss this opportunity!! Good luck!!