Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Lost Too Much Weight - Help Toning up

peter7907
peter7907
United Kingdom
2011/07/22, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum today as I'm in need of fitness and nutrition advice. I'll try and keep everything as short as possible.

I am currently 6ft and weigh 164 pounds. 2 years ago, I weighed 303.8 pounds... I was happy with my current figure/shape, diet etc until a family member pointed out that my "arms were thin for a man". Then it hit me, I have lost too much weight and I have lost muscle as a result of the dieting and am now worried I won't be able to get it back. I'm happy with my body except for my arms, they used to be quite large but now they're puny.

At the moment, for 5 days a week I eat around 1500-1700 cals and for the other 2 days I eat what I want, so in excess of 2000 cals. I go to the gym on and off, but have started it up again and am in my third week, I tend to go 2-3 times a week but starting next week, I want to go 3-4 because I want to tone my body up and see some serious changes.

Any advice on how many cals I should be eating (and what types of foods) and what frequency/type of workouts I should do to tone up my chest and arms would be greatly appreciated. I would like to see visible changes in a month, if that's even possible.

If you could give me a few tips, or any tips from experience, that would be brilliant, I've been thinking about this all day and just want to do something about it

Thanks in advance
peter7907
peter7907
United Kingdom
2011/07/22, 07:18 PM
I forgot to mention, I'm 20 years old (if its relevant at all)