Group: Doin-it 2012!

Created: 2012/01/04, Members: 86, Messages: 92

Women who want to achieve their weight loss goal this year- 2012. We will challenge and encourage one another! If you've made up your mind to "do it!" this is the group for you!!

Join group

Looking for motivation partners.

Katie252
Katie252
Canada
2012/01/05, 06:53 PM
Looking for a motivation partner or better a group of motivated girls to chat with daily. I tink it may be easier to tell someone how Im doing if I know they are doing it with me (from a far). Where is everyone from - Im in Ottawa, Canada.
frogmania84
frogmania84
United States
2012/01/07, 04:58 PM
Katie252
Looking for a motivation partner or better a group of motivated girls to chat with daily. I tink it may be easier to tell someone how Im doing if I know they are doing it with me (from a far). Where is everyone from - Im in Ottawa, Canada.

--- From the states here, but living in Togo, Africa! I definitely understand the motivation by others in the same boat, even if you are far away!
Cermakovia
Cermakovia
Canada
2012/01/07, 07:59 PM (Edited: Cermakovia - 2012/01/07, 09:32 PM)
Sounds like a great idea, I'm from southern ontario.  frogmania - Africa?  That's so cool, I'm jealous!
Katie252
Katie252
Canada
2012/01/08, 11:26 AM
Hello to you both Cermakovia and Frogmania. Africa, very cool indeed!!! Well, its a deal, let's be each others support partners.  It's Sunday today and by hubby brought home 2 big bags of chocolate bars on Friday night he got from a client as a gift. sheesh, some gift. so far I have eaten about 10 of them!! I could kill him.. I work from home, and since a year ago have probably put on over 30lbs. A year ago I was a size 10, now im a 1x, never been in the plus's, really need to get a handle on this and get my but motivated. My name is Kate.
doin-it
doin-it
Togo
2012/01/08, 12:04 PM
I am very excited about this idea of helping each other stay motivated!!  I am from Pennsylvania (USA) but I live in Togo, West Africa!!  I am praying that each one of us find whatever we need to stay motivated and stick with it!  This year 2012 can be AWESOME!!  We just need to focus on the end product and take it one step at a time!  Katie252...we just had a group from the USA bring us several bags of chocolate (reeses peanut butter cups, Hershey's kisses, etc.)...which we do not have access to here in Africa...talk about hard to control!!!  Praying you start off good tomorrow!  I love Mondays...always a new beginning!!  To everyone on here...Start fresh tomorrow and stay focused!!!
Katie252
Katie252
Canada
2012/01/08, 01:32 PM
Amen to that! Let's all of us think of tomorrow as the start of a new life! A healthier and positive life path.  So girls, I gotta ask, what's in Togo, Africa?
Cermakovia
Cermakovia
Canada
2012/01/08, 07:57 PM
Katie252
Hello to you both Cermakovia and Frogmania. Africa, very cool indeed!!! Well, its a deal, let's be each others support partners.  It's Sunday today and by hubby brought home 2 big bags of chocolate bars on Friday night he got from a client as a gift. sheesh, some gift. so far I have eaten about 10 of them!! I could kill him.. I work from home, and since a year ago have probably put on over 30lbs. A year ago I was a size 10, now im a 1x, never been in the plus's, really need to get a handle on this and get my but motivated. My name is Kate.

---Re-gift!   lol, Have any new neighbours?  We just had a couple move in before Christmas and I took my extra Christmas cookies and candy over in a welcome platter. Otherwise I would have kept snacking.  If it's in the house I have no willpower, so everything is banished.  We never had goodies of any kind in the house until after my first pregnacy.  Since then we have had little things invade - halloween candy, christmas parade candy evil stuff!  LO one won't eat it so it just sits there screaming my name.

I have lost 5 lbs in the last three weeks so willpower is kicking now as I do not want to undo any of my work!
Cermakovia
Cermakovia
Canada
2012/01/08, 08:00 PM
P.S I put on 30 unwanted lbs with my two boys, 2 1/2 and 6 months.  Ontop of 5-8 lbs that crept on after the wedding and honeymoon  yummy food in Italy and lots of it.  My name is Heather.
gmw
gmw
United States
2012/01/08, 11:51 PM
my name is gwen, im 26 5'5 and 255lbs, i need a motivational partner, someone who will keep pushing me through the whole not losing a lot in a short period of time, thats the time i tend to quit on things.
Katie252
Katie252
Canada
2012/01/09, 06:36 AM
Well my cousin had 2 children that are around that age and she packed on about 40 lbs, now I know how and exactly how easy it comes on. I was so proud that I lost 60 lbs about 6 yrs ago, and now feel like a big failure for giving up on things that meant so much i.e. healthy eating and excersice. Amazing how life changes, and if you dont hold true to what YOU want you will be taken for a ride.  I think as women were so occupied taking care of the cildren, the house, husband, making meals and working and we ultimately come last in our priority scale.

Welcome Gwen. That was my intent on starting this blog. We certainly all have the same goals here. Let's use that to our atvantage!

Happy Monday Morning Girls. Remember, fresh start today. NO JUNK FOOD TODAY. We can report back at the end of the day how everyone is doing. If anyone needs daytime help, Im logged on during the day. Feel free. I would say this is kind of like AA but for food and excersice.

Kate.
idolgirl
idolgirl
United States
2012/01/09, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone. I'm in for the motivation.  I've got a full 90lbs (oops make that 88lbs) to get rid of.  I'm in Arizona.  I might not get on every day... but should make it around to the group every few days or so.

Hey, do a couple of Altoids Smalls count as junk food? I'm going to say no unless I crunched throught the whole tin full.  So... No junk food on Monday.
farhaanah
farhaanah
South Africa
2012/01/10, 05:34 AM
Hi all! my name is farhaanah an I'm from South Africa. ever since I moved in with my boyfriend last year july, i've picked up about 20lbs!!! I started going to gym last year and i have seen a slight improvement in my body tone, however, shedding the pounds is still so hard.

i have started a new eating plan and exercise routine this year but since I am still such an amateur at this living healthy stuff, I could really do with a few pointers.

I wanted to keep my eating plan realistic.... please let me know if i should make any changes to it.... you are also more than welcome to use this plan for yourself
Day 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 5Day 6Day 7BreakfastCereal with skim milkCereal with skim milkTwo slices seed loaf with peanut butter +rooibos tea/coffeeCereal with skim milkMuesli +low fat yoghurt2 slices seed loaf +eggToast with any toppingSnackPineapple slicesOrange/nutsYogurt/fruit smoothieAny fruitNuts and fruit/lean biltongYoghurt/frozen yogurtFruit smoothieLunchWhole wheat roll, chicken breast, salad6 provita crackers and any toppingGrilled chicken wrap/ health sandwhichWhole wheat pasta with tuna mix and fat free mayo6 Provitas
2 slices cheese
1 tomatoWhole wheat grilled chicken  burgerFillet steak, boiled and vegDinnerGrilled fish, and vegChicken, brown rice and vegLean beef curry, couscous, mix vegSeafood/chicken stir fry with riceWholewheat pasta dish- bolognaise,etcAny Low fat meal (sort of a cheat day)Toasted whole wheat sandwhichSnackMilo with skim milkCup of lite custardFrozen yoghurtfruitMilo and skim milkCup of lite custardFrozen yoghurt, sorbet
farhaanah
farhaanah
South Africa
2012/01/10, 05:37 AM
oops sorry! my eating plan came out in a crappy format.  if you would like to see my eating plan, please let me know by providing me with your email address and i will send it to you.

thanks alot!
Chelseyj89
Chelseyj89
United States
2012/01/10, 12:26 PM
Katie252

---

I just joined tho and I'm not sure how it works but I think I'm in the right group and I definitely need help doing this!!
DrezysMum
DrezysMum
United States
2012/01/10, 06:18 PM
Hi!  Im Shay.  Just moved to Ohio.  I have a 1 year old son, and I have yet to lose all my baby weight! (AHHHHHH)  I am 30lbs heavier than my pre pregnancy weight, so that is my first goal.  From their I want to lose an additional 70ish lbs.  I have a pretty big goal for myself I think, but I am determined to do this.  My husband use to be 300 +lbs, and in 6 months he lost 60lbs so I need to kick it into gear and get myself going.  I deff need support, and I think this will be great to find friends on here taht have similar goals so we can all support eachother!  I am excited to do this, and I WILL!  I guess I don't really know "how" to go about this, but I think the partner idea is awesome :-)
alexi168526
alexi168526
United States
2012/01/11, 07:42 PM (Edited: alexi168526 - 2012/01/11, 07:42 PM)
Hey I am new on here and need some serious motivation!
on-a-mission
on-a-mission
Australia
2012/01/19, 11:08 PM
Hi girls. Have just come across this site and it looks like the sort of thing I've been looking for. Mind if I join you?. I'm a 27 year old Mother of two (toddlers) from Australia. I miss the wonderful feeling of being fit and healthy. Kate, what you speak of above is precisely true in my life. You can start eating right at 4pm in the afternoon, despite a shocking morning, right?
Brit1027
Brit1027
United States
2012/01/19, 11:23 PM
Hi :) I'm Brit. And I kind of crashed the group :) But I'm excited! You guys are making me more excited. I'm in Alabama (and yah, I have a bit of that accent that everyone is afraid of...) at University, trying to shape up. I am pleased that I can now (after about two weeks) walk up three flights of stairs without being completely winded; that's my good luck so far. My goal, though, is 41 pounds by no later than July.
crushedgoddess
crushedgoddess
United States
2012/02/12, 02:26 AM
I could use as many motivation partners as I can get. I am 31, 5' 7", and 203 pounds. I am from the New Orleans area. I lost about 87 pounds over the past couple of years and have about 45 more to go before I will be satisfied. I am tired of being the fat chick. I want more for myself and my family. I am also having my tubes reversed, this summer hopefully, and have to have a BMI of 27 before they will do they procedure. I am currently at like 30/31. But I have so little will power. I watched a commercial earlier where a guy was talking about gyms and trainers being so expensive so he hired the mean girls from the local high school to follow him around and insult him and his eating habits and actually thought that that sounded like a great idea and actually tried to think of a way to hire my own mean girls. It was sad, really. It is nice to meet all of you and I hope that the support will kick me in the butt.
maniclilthing
maniclilthing
United Kingdom
2012/02/23, 07:26 AM
Hi,
have just joined too so am kinda gate-crashing if ok!
Single mum of an 8 y/o son and i work about 40hours a week, in the UK,  so trying to fit in exercising and working out that doesn't take the little time i have with my son away from him can be very hard!

Motivation to get it done while he is in bed is sometimes hard to find!