Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

little self motivation

kdisco18
kdisco18
United States
2006/08/31, 10:29 AM
I am a 33 year old single mom of 7 year old twins and a 5 year old. I was athletic during school and started gaining excess weight when I was a teen (I wore a back brace for scoleosis). I am 5'6" tall and weigh 291 pounds. At the start of my pregnacy for the twins I weighed 205 pounds. My highest weight before that was 231 and I seemed to hover around 190 and 200 for a long time. I am stocky, big boned and muscular. My personal ideal weight is 160. Because of my muscularity I have always looked to weigh less then I do. Now I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, and sleep apnea. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and gained approx. 50 pounds. I am proud of that accomplshment but I am so fat now that it has to be attended to. I am an emotional eater. I tend to eat heavy before I go to bed and just have horrible eating habits. Even when I have tried the South Beach Diet I likes the food, but couldn't control the portion sizes. My children are learnng what they live and my 7 year old girl is already showing signs of bad habits and slow metbolism. I am undergoing a sleep study in hopes that if i get a better night sleep I can get up an hour earlier in the morning and incorperate physical excercise into my daily routine in addition to gaining control over my food intake. As it stands I am fully aware that I a commiting slow suicide if I don't change my lifestyle. All I want to do is sleep and eat. Help !!! I am so much more than this.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/31, 11:13 AM
Hi Kdisco, 1st thing, welcome to freetrainers, this community and the people here in are a wonderful thing, use its resources whenever possible. 2nd thing, congratulations on the non smoking and your decision to change your lifestyle, which is exactly what you are going to have to do to reach your goals. I am in the same boat as you, getting a lil older and have packed on the pounds over the years, my last doctors visit i was told to do something now or risk a plethora of illnesses in a short period of time, so i have, i found freetrainers and started one of their 8 week programs. i see that you are having a sleep study done so im assuming you have insurance of some kind, i would contact your doctor and find out if they could help you with a nutritionist and maybe a discount to a gym ( if available in your area ) and contact a personal trainer, if you could do that and set aside 30 minutes 3-4 times a week for some excercise and change your eating habits, you would be amazed what that would do for you.

I know you are concerend about your children and what may happen if you dont change and im sure they are a big contribution to your decision, but speaking from experience you need to do this for yourself, the kids are just added fuel in your desire to get healthier, do it for you.

Just a lil bit of excercise will make a big difference, and you'll be suprised when you see a few pounds and inches melt away. you know how fast time goes by without even realizing it, well same with the weight loss, this is my 6th week of dieting and working out and it feels like only yesterday that i started, with 28lbs and 6 inches gone already. ill be happy to chat with you anytime you like to give ya some help with motivation or if you just want an ear to chew ok. good luck Kdisco and give the kids a hug for me ok.... :big_smile:

--------------

Happy is the man who knows what to remember of the past, what to enjoy in the present, and what to plan for the future
kdisco18
kdisco18
United States
2006/08/31, 11:31 AM
Thank you for the advice and the invite to chat when needed. I will ask my doctor about nutritionist. I am going to have to work out at home for now until I can incorporate a gym into my life. I live 30 miles away from anything and have no extra $ or sitter. I will actively try to budget it in ( maybe with daycare included @ the gym)But in the meantime I wil have to fake it til I make it at home. Thanks for the encouragement!!!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/31, 01:57 PM
Hi kdisco...we have an online buddy thread going in the general forum...we're always there for eachother and we get pop ins from other members offering advice and encouragement as well...check it out if you like...welcome to FT!!