Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

K. I. S. S.

caged_animal
caged_animal
United States
2007/08/12, 11:36 PM
I'm your average busy "fat" guy, I'm so busy I don't have time to plan a weeks worth of healthy meals. So of course I eat junk. What could you suggest as far as specific foods (I.E. chicken fruit ETC.) thats easy enough to remember, and that I can do it everyday.

I understand the importance of having variety, but I also need something simple and monotonous enough that I can do it every single day. and maybe change 1 or 2 things each week. I'll admit I'm lazy and dumb so I follow this Keep It Simple Stupid.

Any advice or suggestions? :big_smile:
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2007/08/13, 05:15 PM
How about start making time to plan your meals. If you want to be healthy and loose the weight bad enough, you will do what it takes to succeed. Take 5 minutes and make up a grocery list for the week. Choose healthy items and stick to the list. That way your cupboards at home are filled with healthy food, which is great because you wont have that easy access to a bag of potatoe chips. When junk food is not sitting right in front of you, the less likely you will crave it.

It only takes me 10 minutes to pack a healthy lunch and I am sure you can afford 10 minutes in your day as well. Pack yourself a lot of fresh fruit or cut up some veggies. If your often on the go, always bring some healthy snacks with you, so that when you get hungry, you are not tempted to head to the nearest mcdonalds. It also doesnt take long to put a salad together either.

For dinner, I like to cook up pieces of lean chicken breast on the george forman grill, which only take about 13 min. Fish is another great option that only takes a few minutes to cook as well. Along with your lean protein, steam up some veggies and some rice, and you have a healthy dinner made in about 15 minutes!!

Take a look in the nutrition section, there is a lot of easy and quick healthy meal options available in there.

Good luck!
caged_animal
caged_animal
United States
2007/08/13, 06:24 PM
Thanks, yes when I do have a moment it's easy to come up with a plan. unfortunately I work about 16 hours a day. So I seriously don't have the time to spare for it. I'm trying to put together a 1 day meal plan and eat that every single day. I'm good with portion control, I drink water or gatorade when I'm working out but water mainly. I think I'm going to stick with my MRP in the morning an apple between breakfast and lunch, salad with some grilled chicken for lunch. Nuts for second snack and chicken or shrimp whole wheat pasta with the healthy tomato sauce stuff.
caged_animal
caged_animal
United States
2007/08/13, 10:59 PM
Just to explain this thread. I believe that over eating, eating junk food. and eating on the go ETC. though they might not be clinical eating disorders they are eating disorders. Just like those people that only eat once a day.
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2007/08/14, 05:23 PM
You mentioned that you wanted to make a 1 day meal plan and eat it every single day...why do you want to eat the same thing every single day? Kinda boring isnt it? Dont be afraid to mix things up a bit, or else you are going to get bored with your diet and forget about it....and then end up in the same bad habits.

Other than that, what are you goals? How much do you plan to loose? You say you work 16 hours a day, however do you plan to make time to exercise? Even if you fit in a brisk walk or run during your lunch break, it will definately help reach your weight loss goals. Take the stairs when ever possible and even park your car a futher distance from your work. Even with a busy schedual, it is still possible to fit some exercise in your day.

Good luck!
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2007/08/14, 05:24 PM
PS...Sorry for the spelling mistakes, its been a long day at work here as well!
caged_animal
caged_animal
United States
2007/08/16, 02:40 PM
No problem, actually I'm a security officer at a 31 floor resort. so about 6-7 times a day I have to walk all 31 floors plus the roof, plus the ground floor, I have to walk up all the stairs and then back down. So I'm getting exercise.

The reason why I just want to eat one meal plan every single day. Kinda like just using it as a basic template and then switching things out.

I'll admit it I freak out when trying to plan meals for a week. ESPECIALLY when you read nutrition guides and they say like " 5.4 G of protein per body lb or whatever. " Honestly man thats retarded, thats really one of the main reasons why a lot of people don't try to eat healthy. Fast food sells so well because its simple, and easy.

Healthy food is easy also, but what makes it hard and there is so much healthy food out there. I like to use this as an example, when you go looking at T.V.'s not really knowing what you want it's hard to buy one and you always wind up with buyers remorse, but when you go knowing you want a 26"lcd flat screen wall mount tv, the only thing you have to do then and choose the brand with the best price.

I'm just trying to find the best healthy foods to eat, I know chicken is one depending on how you cook it. I want to get 1 day planned, and then the next week I'll add a day and so on until I get a full week done. Otherwise I get so confused, which I'm sure you can tell by the way I explained it.:big_smile:
baymaster
baymaster
United Kingdom
2007/08/17, 02:42 PM
Ok will try and keep this simple. Dont plan a week in advance try 1 day. example..
I start work at 6am and work through to 4pm so all i have to worry about is planning the food for 10 hrs. After that I am home so csn eat healthy food. If you plan 5/6 small meals a day you only have to organise meals for the 10 hrs at work when you can sometimes get distracted and veer off to a fast food joint.
So..the night before work i prepare 3 meals for the following day.
Breakfast (at home) oatmeal plus 4 egg whites/1 whole egg scrambled.
meal 2 - piece of fruit plus tinned salmon sandwich (weightwatchers low cal bread)
meal 3 - pint of skimmed milk plus two boiled eggs (just whites) leafy salad
meal 4 - chicken breast (real chicken breast!) grilled with some rice
Home from work - meal 5 around 6pm dependant on when im training that day.
You would need to search this site for variences on this diet which would suit your goals. Just remember your diet will have to be clean,planned and meet your nutritional needs. good luck
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/08/22, 02:14 PM
Bottom line is that it isn't as simple to eat healthy as it is to slug up to the counter and order 3 big macs, I know because that's how I used to be... You have to put in the time and the effort in order to achieve a healthier lifestyle, but like anything else once you're there it'll seem normal to you. It's something I've struggled with for my entire 30 years living.

Now some quick healthy foods you can just whip up and go?

Tuna sandwhich on whole wheat bread (low fat mayo)
Raw organic peanuts/almonds/etc
Dried (non sugared) fruits
Organic pre-bagged salad with quality greens
Chopped grilled chicken breast (on salad) (try for free range)
Chopped grilled turkey breast (on salad, my fav)
Grilled Turkey Sausage (some brands rock)
Any veggies you like, bag some up and bring 'em with you, put them in a salad or eat them for snacks.

See the theme? easy, quickly preparred, few ingredients...

If you're going up and down 31 flights of stairs 6-7 times every day, if you lower your refined carb intake and up your veggies/protein you should drop dead weight like mad. Just stay away from the late night eating and things like soda and products with tons of refined sugars etc etc.

If you stick to it man, you'll see results, and you'll love it.

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/08/28, 08:33 AM
Hiya CA,

Im just lie you, just older and stupider and grumpier, hehe, is stupider even a word, well it is now, anyways, i also hated to plan meals, fricking 200 calories here, frickin 8 grams of fat here, 37mg of sodium here and so on, i hated it, but i will tell you this, i wish i could go back to your age and do it again, cause i would not sacrafice my health for my profession like i did and like you are doing, make the time for yourself, if not for yourself, for the people around you that love and care about you, so when you are laying in hospital at 80 yrs old and your grand kids are there with fingered painted signs for you, you'll think back and say, damn glad i changed my diet 50-60 yrs ago instead of eating that fast food crap, only thing fast about that fod is fast track to the ER. Anyways heres a good template to use, you can just swap out the main ingredients and keep the snacks simple. Go to menshealth.com, they have a weekly template all set up for, all you gotta do is shop once a week properly and you'll be golden.....

P.S.... Stay around this site for awhile, things may be a lil different in the future, thats all i can say for now.

Bill

Monday
Breakfast

1/2 cup whole, rolled oats

1 cup nonfat milk

1 scoop protein powder

1 oz almonds

Cinnamon, to taste

tea

480 calories, 43 carbs, 37 protein, 15 fat

Midmorning snack

1/2 - 1 cup carrot and celery sticks

1/2 cup hummus

230 calories, 20 carbs, 10 protein, 12 fat

Lunch

1 whole wheat tortilla

4 oz grilled chicken

Parmesan cheese

1 Tbsp light Caesar dressing

1 cup fresh spinach

400 calories, 36 carbs, 37 protein, 11 fat

Afternoon snack

1/2 cup plain, nonfat yogurt

1 oz walnuts

Cinnamon to taste

250 calories, 12 carbs, 10 protein, 18 fat

Dinner

Grilled salmon with veggies

3 oz grilled salmon

1 cup mixed veggies

1 small sweet potato

440 calories, 46 carbs, 30 protein, 14 fat

After dinner snack

2 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese

1 apple

230 calories, 15 carbs, 16 protein, 12 fat

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
btracey
btracey
United States
2009/01/19, 01:26 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.