Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Just want to be healthy and tone

mgilham
mgilham
United States
2007/07/23, 04:03 AM
I'm 19, I had my baby 8.5 months ago and am now 10-15 lbs below my pregnancy weight. Yay right? But I want to get down another 30-35 lbs but I always start dieting and excercising and then stop, and I'm not good at the calorie counting thing. I try, do good for about a week then back to old habits again. I'm so frustrated. I tend to starve myself practically in the beginning and see results then I eat and keep eating and stop excercising and gain back MORE weight. I just want to be healthier, toner and more comfortable in this body. Any advise to help me Stick to it this time........:(
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2007/08/08, 06:40 AM
Hopefully this doesn't come across as sarcastic but it's pretty obvious you already know what NOT to do so it's just a matter of getting your mind around sticking with what you know you SHOULD be doing. There's a lot of inspiration on this site if you just make the effort to educate yourself and hopefully the motivation will follow.
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/08/10, 01:37 PM
Don't starve yourself!!!!!!!! You murder your metabolism when you do this, which is probably why you rebound so quickly when start eating more. Plus, it sucks thinking about food all day when you are not eating. If you eat small meals more regularly throughout the day I KNOW it will be much easier for you stick with it.

I imaging that after starving yourself, going to the gym sucks big time, which probably doesn't help your motivation.

I am motivated in the gym when I am making progress. Little things help. For example, getting one more rep then last time or adding 5lbs to bar.

Setting small goes also help a lot. For example, maybe I will pick a certain weight for bench and have a goal of reping it 5 times.

These little goals and small steps forward are much easier to manage, plus you hit a lot more goals, which should make you feel better.
Wiccanblaze
Wiccanblaze
Canada
2007/10/19, 06:59 AM
If your looking for motivation, think of your baby and how much they need a happy healthy you. You say that you eat and keep eatting but then stop excercising? Try to maintain your excercising especialy if you are eating more regularly.

Good luck to you on your goals:love: