Group: 2018 Motivation Challenge

Created: 2016/01/10, Members: 844, Messages: 260

Stay motivated! Have you made a new years resolution to start a new workout program? Are you still waiting to start it? Have you already started it and are now having trouble keeping it up? We would like to help you during this period by creating a group for people facing similar challenges.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of your goals, age and gender, as long as you'd like to try to stay motivated with the rest of us.

Join group

Sticky Introduce yourself

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/02/03, 02:17 PM
Lylesmum
I am in my 40s and have spent the last year trying to get healthier and fitter. I am struggling. I work out in a group 1 hr a week, joined a gym but have not gone back. I need motivation. I need to have a schedule/list of things to do as I have no idea where to begin.

--- hello Lylesmum if you are looking for motivation and a list of things to do. Then I think you have found the site for you. This site has helped me out so much. Being. Able to see what is scheduled for each day. Being able to share my accomplishments. This all helps me with my motivation to exercise.
PepperFlake
PepperFlake
United States
2017/02/09, 06:06 PM (Edited: PepperFlake - 2017/02/09, 06:08 PM)
Adrian
Hello and welcome to the 2016 Motivation Challenge group!  Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group.  What is your current fitness situation? What are your goals? Why have you joined this group?

I am a 40-something who was once considered pretty fit and as of 3 years ago was running 3 miles a day and doing weights... but because of multiple circumstances beyond my control, I am now a proud single mom, but I struggle with money and time and focus and energy and.. I have anxiety issues and movement does help to release some of it but I go back to energy levels and time and...  blah, blah..  I have gained weight and have developed foot problems.  I know losing weight will help (kinda) with the foot problems... I also know that having focus on ME for a little bit each day will help me re-focus in life.  I am looking for very specific, simple things that I can do to recharge my focus... to get me being ok with getting up and getting moving and even if it is small, makes me feel accomplished.
2017/02/21, 02:54 PM
Hi guy's. I am Alex, I'm 17 and am currently over weight for my age. I came here to hopefully get to the weight and shape i want. I've been trying for a couple years to work out and lose weight but always lose motivation. I really may need help and advice to.
Feathersince81
Feathersince81
United States
2017/05/18, 01:32 PM
Hi! I'm 36 yr old female. I have always struggled with my weight. As a child I was put on diet after diet by my mom & it was always whatever she was doing. That lasted until I was 17 & moved out. I felt free to eat whatever I wanted b/c I was never able to make my own choices at home b/c of my mom. I didn't know what junk food was but soon found out & started gaining weight. I knew how to lose it b/c of all the "diets" my mom had me on but I knew it probably wasn't healthy. I had my 1st child at 18 & b/c of a gene that me or my husband carry she was born with a lot of issues. So my health took a backseat. I continued to gain weight. My daughter passed away 4 1/2 yrs later of complications from pneumonia. I was devasted & angry. I pushed everyone away. My depression got worse & I ate thru every day of it. A month after my daughter passed I found out I was pregnant again. I didn't know what to think, do or say. I was scared & again turned to food. By the grace of God I had another daughter that was perfect. No problems. After I had her I weighed 274 lbs. The heaviest I'd ever been. My body hurt everywhere. I once again started the "yo-yo" diets with little to no exercise. 11 yrs later & I'm 145 lbs. but not healthy & still no exercise. I have saggy arms, legs, stomach, butt everything. I can't afford surgery so I need to start trying to tone up & then maybe build some muscle so it's not so saggy. I know I will be left with some but that's ok. I'm ready to be the healthy me I know I can be for myself, my daughter & my husband. I want to be here a long time. :)
Amore88
Amore88
South Africa
2017/06/11, 08:07 AM
Hi

I've only now started to workout as I had a very bad scare last week Thursday "01 June 2017"

I was taken to hospital with a stress hernia and ulcer and also found out I have PCOS. I am 28 years old

I was not happy

My doctor advised that I should start exercising for my health, so that's what I'm doing

I am
1.79cm tall
122.4kg
36% body fat
Ashley_J_Davies
Ashley_J_Davies
United Kingdom
2017/07/15, 12:35 AM
Greetings From Cornwall

Hello all.
Ive not long turned 31, and dont like the way I look. So it's time to do something about it.
I live with my Partner and her youngest daughter. We have 5 cats and 3 dogs.
Work full time, and regularly acheive my goal of 18,000 steps.
My goals are based on Nutrition
- Eat at least 2 healthy meals a day
- Drink at least a litre of water a day
- Eat one piece of Fruit a day.
- Reduce drinking alcohol to 2 nights a week.

Working out is easy for me, its my Diet that needs help.

Thank you
Ash the Phoenix
Taralyn5K
Taralyn5K
United States
2017/07/17, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone! I am Taralyn mom to 6 amazing kiddos youngest are triplets. I joined this website to start my journey in finding my self to become healthy and physically fit. I let myself go after having my triplets. Oy I am at 230 and want to get down to 140. Which is ideal for my height. I have never had to diet or watch what I eat, I've never really had a routine exercise except when I was military. I ran and jogged when I felt like it ate what I wanted and was able to maintain myself with out a lot of work. Now ask get older I have to stay active, eat healthy and get back to myself. Wish me luck excited to be part of the group!
hopeede
hopeede
Nigeria
2017/08/19, 04:28 PM
My name is hope , am in my 20sand i have struggled with my weight for sometime now. Each time i loose weight i gain it back after sometime i really need help
hopeede
hopeede
Nigeria
2017/08/19, 04:28 PM
My name is hope , am in my 20sand i have struggled with my weight for sometime now. Each time i loose weight i gain it back after sometime i really need help
ELRoSRoND
ELRoSRoND
Turkey
2017/10/07, 06:04 AM (Edited: ELRoSRoND - 2017/10/07, 06:05 AM)
pavanp
pavanp
United States
2017/10/09, 06:56 PM
Hi All
I have been a FreeTrainers member and have used their workout regularly until the last 4 years. I am planning to get back in real shape. GOAL is to loose 25 lbs and get a chiseled ABS.!! 

HELP ME !! MoTIVATE ME to MOTIVATE YOU !! 
- PAVAN

2018/01/01, 02:02 PM
Hello, I'm Chiquita.

I'm excited to begin a New Year with a fresh start!  I have been struggling with my weight loss goals for the last 10 years and I know that my struggle will end now.  My goal is to reach 175lbs, which is a healthy weight for me.  I wish everyone here success and happiness in your goals and aspirations.

Chiquita
ms_arbez
ms_arbez
United States
2018/01/04, 06:42 AM
Hiya!

My name is Tasha.  I've used this site for a couple of years on and off for training plans, but this is my first time interacting with the community.  I decided to join this group, simply so that I can surround myself with like-minded people.

My main goal/focus for the year is weight loss: 50 pounds before I turn 40 in December is my goal. I'm also working towards building my endurance- something I've always been weakest in in terms of fitness.  And to tie it all together, I need to basically make myself both more accountable and consistent.

Thank you for having me. :-)
Gtetfit
Gtetfit
United States
2018/02/01, 06:36 AM
Hi, My name is Roxanne and I am 35 years old. I am trying to get rid this weight now, once and for all. I have the goals, but can't seem to get started. Or I get started and get side tracked 5 seconds later. I've always been overweight. I've lost 15 lbs and from being the heaviest I've been in my whole life; 165 lbs. I feel like it snuck up on me, but it didnt. I made conscious decisions everyday to allow it, now I need to do the opposite. I work well with challenges, so if anyone wants to go head to head let me know.
Shamber78
Shamber78
United States
2018/02/01, 07:03 AM
Hello,

My name is Shay And I am 39 years young. I have had fitness in my life since I was around 9 and would workout with my father. I played every sport that would have me growing up. I guess that would mean I was a bit of a tomboy.

My Fitness goals as an adult are that I want to tone up and become a bodybuilder. Not like WWF CHINA looking body builder, but a cute tone body.I have the nutrient underlock for the most part but noone ever REALLY knows every thing so i am continuly learning foods that work and foods that do not. As I begin to work out I will need to revisit what I should be eating to feed my muscle as I go. ANy help in this area is much apperciated on tips and such.

I take a BCAA that really helps me with recovering after a work out and glutamine by kaged muscle an hr before I work out and an hour after which also helps me with sore muscles

I found a free app that times my intervals while working out. called interval timer, that helps me in my workouts and I signed up for my fitness pal which tracks the food I am eating. ( of course you have to log it in but keeps me accountable for what i am eating)   I work out 5 days a week, M,T,TH,FRI, &SAT wed and sun are my rest days.

I REALLY want to make this work so any pro tips eating habits or workout tips are welcome.
Prathit
Prathit
Nepal
2018/02/05, 04:35 AM
Hi,

In my mid-40s and have been trying to lose some weight and fat but the workouts kind of seem to fade away every once in a while. I do ride 3,4 times a month, to the hills surrounding  Kathmandu but I tend to eat a lot after the ride...greasy food and beer. My workouts have never been routine or followed a specific schedule. I do hope that I can keep this schedule from this freetrainers site.
helfline
helfline
United States
2018/02/07, 12:17 PM
Adrian
Hello and welcome to the 2016 Motivation Challenge group! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group. What is your current fitness situation? What are your goals? Why have you joined this group?

---

My name Heather and I a currently a intermittent gym goer. I struggle with depession/anxiety on a daily basis and sometimes it takes me out of comission entirely. I go to the gym and eat well for months and then all of a sudden, I stop. I am hoping with this program I am able to keep the routine and stay my healthy, happy self for years to come. Thank you for this opprotunity.

To a happier, healthier me!
helfline
helfline
United States
2018/02/07, 12:22 PM
KatieBay9514
Hi im Katie!

i am currently 21 years old! my goals is to lose a lot of weight. im currently struggling to keep myself motivated throughout the workout/eating right process. ive been overweight all my life pretty much, i did dance in High School so that helped out a lot, but when i graduated in 2014, i have drastically seen a huge difference in how i look. i am starting the 30 day gallon challenge, becasue i do not drink enough water through out the day! i have a sprained ankle at the moment, so it is very hard to keep myself going with the good eating habits without working out! i am 320lbs. and am looking to be 150-160 in a couple years! might be impossible but i sure do wanna try my hardest to hit that goal!.

Hope Everyone is having a so far so good New Years! :)

---

Girl, you go! regardless of the outcome, I'm so proud of you for putting yourself out there. That's a very hard thing to do. Good luck!

-H
Mfehr677
Mfehr677
United States
2018/03/04, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone!

My name is Maria, and I'm delighted to be joining this group. Currently I am out of school but I just graduated high school (GED) at the age of 16. I am looking forward to starting college coming fall.
My current weight is 145 lbs. Though I don't want to gain or loose anything, I want to get rid of my fat and gain muscle. I have been doing exercise and I've been seeing results. Now I striving to reach all the way. With this motivation group and website, I'm hoping to reach my goal.
So, with that being said, lets all work together to reach our goals. Cause nothing is impossible for the word itself says I'm possible.
Mfehr677
Mfehr677
United States
2018/03/04, 09:34 PM
Hey,

Keep it up and I'm sure you'll get somewhere. It takes time, as you've probably heard, but just know that once you actually get there I can bet you that you'll never want to go back. So keep up the good work and reach for the stars.

- Maria
Huna
Huna
Turkey
2018/03/14, 11:23 AM
Hi, I am 30, working behind of the laptop most of the day, and if not then I am traveling.. I want to stay healthy and be fit... but I definitely need help with that :)
dagga00
dagga00
Iceland
2018/05/22, 01:43 PM
Hey, I am 17 and my summer break just started and I am going to italy in the end of june and I am currently 210lbs and in really bad shape so I am using the first time in gym workout plan and I plan to go to the gym everyday weekday until I go to Italy.
My goal is to be 155lbs and when I complete that goal, I will start working on my muscles. I also want to be good at running so I can go out running with my dad and also be happy with my body so I can go swimming.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages