Group: 2017 Motivation Challenge

Created: 2016/01/10, Members: 483, Messages: 212

Stay motivated! Now that the first week of 2017 is behind us, you might be at a difficult point. Have you made a new years resolution to start a new workout program? Are you still waiting to start it? Have you already started it and are now having trouble keeping it up? We would like to help you during this period by creating a group for people facing similar challenges.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of your goals, age and gender, as long as you'd like to try to stay motivated with the rest of us.

Join group

Sticky Introduce yourself

1 2 3 4 5 of 7 pages resultset_next resultset_last
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2016/01/10, 11:24 AM
Hello and welcome to the 2016 Motivation Challenge group!  Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group.  What is your current fitness situation? What are your goals? Why have you joined this group?
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2016/01/10, 11:24 AM
I will start by introducing myself. 

I am in my late 30's, somewhat inactive, and finding it very hard to find the motivation to work out.  When I was younger, working out was a passion of mine, which is why I started FreeTrainers.com.  As the years passed, however, I started putting on weight, losing muscle, and generally living a fairly inactive lifestyle.  I realized that I had become the exact person we were trying to help with FreeTrainers.com.  So now it is time to change things around. 

My goals for this challenge are: 
- doing 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 3 times per week.  I have a crosstrainer at home, so I have no excuse for not using it. 
- building a bit of muscle by doing some basic exercises using either a sling trainer or simple bodyweight exercises 
- dropping my weight from 79kg to 70kg (174lbs -> 154lbs)
bstaffordp
bstaffordp
United States
2016/01/10, 02:21 PM
I'm 17, still in high school so I'm stuck at a desk most of my day, and by time I arrive home in the evenings I am so exhausted that I fall asleep until dark and have remaining homeowork.  On the weekends I like to walk my dog around my development, which consists of nothing but flat land because I live at the beach.  My goals include shedding the extra weight.  I'm currently 220lbs, and plan to work until I am 160 and then continue to maintain a healthy muscle mass.  I would like to see big results by June, so that gives me about 5 months.  I want to walk my dog twice a day, before and after schoolwork, as I am enrolling in homeschool on Friday, January 15.
angelsnow
angelsnow
Canada
2016/01/10, 05:25 PM
Thank you Adrian for starting this and for sending the email alert out 🙂

I am in my early 50's and battle my weight I am about 178 at the moment , I was successful at keeping my weight at 145 lbs then I allowed life to get in my way ( new job, both parents passing away and a chronic cough which I finally have under control) derail all my hard work . I constantly start and restart can't seem to get through a full day never mind a week.

I work with young people and my job would be so much more rewarding all the way around if I was healthier and fitter, I would also be a good role model.

I like to swim, run , walk and hike and bike however most of this past year has been a struggle to do anything besides walk and swim .

My goals for this challenge would be get
10,000 steps in every day
Swim twice a week
Strength train twice a week using the life fitness machines at the YMCA until I am comfortable going into the weight room.
Weigh 145 lbs

I promise to check in every day to keep my self accountable .

See you tomorrow .
bubblemagic
bubblemagic
Canada
2016/01/10, 07:23 PM
Hello
My name is Victor.I am in my 60's and delighted to have found this site.I've dreamed of building up my body many times but due to chronic fatigue I've had to deal with many detours.This year I am recommiting my self to having 2016 be the year when I finally succeed! And I believe that joining this community will only help support that.My goal is to improve my stamina via regular aerobics and building up my youthful looking body(people think I'm in my 40's..lol) I hope to put on some muscle while improving flexibility and stiffness
Good luck to everyone!!
Dahani
Dahani
France
2016/01/11, 05:29 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Dahani, I'm a student in university and I'm 21.
I'm basically a skinny fat person, very unfit and weak. I have fainted a couple of times due to poor eating habits and exhaustion. I weigh only 43kg aiming to weigh 50kg at least.

My goals this year is to gain lean muscles and become stronger and change up my diet to put on muscle mass. I will be body weight training and weight training.

I joined this group to keep myself motivated and to make a true change this year to get my health back on track :)
rsgabanamotse
rsgabanamotse
United States
2016/01/11, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone
My name is Rose , i am 31 yrs old.i started being health concious some years back, if i remember wel its 2010,i joined several aerobics clubs and gyms,i have seen results.i used to weigh 90s now m on my 70s ..of late now my weight does not change,but my target is 65kg

My goal for thz year is to shed weight to my target through
.Morning jogs atleast 3 times a week
.evening training at the gym atleast 3 tyms a week.
.toning

I hope you guys will kip motivating me to reach my target.
Cheers.
Novatian
Novatian
United States
2016/01/11, 11:36 AM
Greetings!

My name is Jeremy. I'm 38 years old, married with 6 kids (between 1-9 years old). I sit and stare at a computer screen all day for my job and work from home, which means I'm even less active than I used to be when I'd walk to the car and drive to an office.

I was 330lbs by the age of 15. In college, I began training and shed more than 60lbs of fat while gaining muscle. I got down to 283lbs when I was 22 (my profile pic was when I was 21 and 299lbs).

I just weighed in at 399.2 lbs -- just now -- which is exactly 100 lbs more than my profile pic. I can live in denial, or go get surgery (nothing wrong with that if poeple choose that), but ultimately, I need to change my lifestyle and would prefer to do it w/o surgery... and stay motivated throughout the process... one day at a time.

I want to be around to see my kids grow up and grandkids some day, and my body can't sustain my current weight.

So I post here.

Hey Adrian ;)

--Jeremy
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2016/01/11, 05:14 PM
Adrian
Hello and welcome to the 2016 Motivation Challenge group!  Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group.  What is your current fitness situation? What are your goals? Why have you joined this group?

---

I'm here to continue support!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2016/01/11, 05:20 PM (Edited: Ravenbeauty - 2016/01/11, 05:22 PM)
Welcome everyone and Happy New Year!  It's so good to see you all on here.  

My name is Ravenbeauty aka Bettia.  I have been a member here since 2002. Throughout the years I have struggled with many health issues and trying to keep fit through those had been a struggle.  I went from marathon runner and cyclist to a 5k walker and foodie. Lol.  I still love Fitness and working out,  although since last year being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes,  I have found my working out routines to be very taxing and unsuccessful.  My goal this year is to find a low Intensity fitness program that is successful for me and this condition. 

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope to hear from you.  Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.  

Ravenbeauty
1 2 3 4 5 of 7 pages resultset_next resultset_last