Group: 2018 Motivation Challenge

Created: 2016/01/10, Members: 844, Messages: 260

Stay motivated! Have you made a new years resolution to start a new workout program? Are you still waiting to start it? Have you already started it and are now having trouble keeping it up? We would like to help you during this period by creating a group for people facing similar challenges.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of your goals, age and gender, as long as you'd like to try to stay motivated with the rest of us.

Join group

Sticky Introduce yourself

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2016/01/10, 11:24 AM
Hello and welcome to the 2016 Motivation Challenge group!  Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group.  What is your current fitness situation? What are your goals? Why have you joined this group?
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2016/01/10, 11:24 AM
I will start by introducing myself. 

I am in my late 30's, somewhat inactive, and finding it very hard to find the motivation to work out.  When I was younger, working out was a passion of mine, which is why I started FreeTrainers.com.  As the years passed, however, I started putting on weight, losing muscle, and generally living a fairly inactive lifestyle.  I realized that I had become the exact person we were trying to help with FreeTrainers.com.  So now it is time to change things around. 

My goals for this challenge are: 
- doing 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 3 times per week.  I have a crosstrainer at home, so I have no excuse for not using it. 
- building a bit of muscle by doing some basic exercises using either a sling trainer or simple bodyweight exercises 
- dropping my weight from 79kg to 70kg (174lbs -> 154lbs)
bstaffordp
bstaffordp
United States
2016/01/10, 02:21 PM
I'm 17, still in high school so I'm stuck at a desk most of my day, and by time I arrive home in the evenings I am so exhausted that I fall asleep until dark and have remaining homeowork.  On the weekends I like to walk my dog around my development, which consists of nothing but flat land because I live at the beach.  My goals include shedding the extra weight.  I'm currently 220lbs, and plan to work until I am 160 and then continue to maintain a healthy muscle mass.  I would like to see big results by June, so that gives me about 5 months.  I want to walk my dog twice a day, before and after schoolwork, as I am enrolling in homeschool on Friday, January 15.
angelsnow
angelsnow
Canada
2016/01/10, 05:25 PM
Thank you Adrian for starting this and for sending the email alert out 🙂

I am in my early 50's and battle my weight I am about 178 at the moment , I was successful at keeping my weight at 145 lbs then I allowed life to get in my way ( new job, both parents passing away and a chronic cough which I finally have under control) derail all my hard work . I constantly start and restart can't seem to get through a full day never mind a week.

I work with young people and my job would be so much more rewarding all the way around if I was healthier and fitter, I would also be a good role model.

I like to swim, run , walk and hike and bike however most of this past year has been a struggle to do anything besides walk and swim .

My goals for this challenge would be get
10,000 steps in every day
Swim twice a week
Strength train twice a week using the life fitness machines at the YMCA until I am comfortable going into the weight room.
Weigh 145 lbs

I promise to check in every day to keep my self accountable .

See you tomorrow .
bubblemagic
bubblemagic
Canada
2016/01/10, 07:23 PM
Hello
My name is Victor.I am in my 60's and delighted to have found this site.I've dreamed of building up my body many times but due to chronic fatigue I've had to deal with many detours.This year I am recommiting my self to having 2016 be the year when I finally succeed! And I believe that joining this community will only help support that.My goal is to improve my stamina via regular aerobics and building up my youthful looking body(people think I'm in my 40's..lol) I hope to put on some muscle while improving flexibility and stiffness
Good luck to everyone!!
Dahani
Dahani
France
2016/01/11, 05:29 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Dahani, I'm a student in university and I'm 21.
I'm basically a skinny fat person, very unfit and weak. I have fainted a couple of times due to poor eating habits and exhaustion. I weigh only 43kg aiming to weigh 50kg at least.

My goals this year is to gain lean muscles and become stronger and change up my diet to put on muscle mass. I will be body weight training and weight training.

I joined this group to keep myself motivated and to make a true change this year to get my health back on track :)
rsgabanamotse
rsgabanamotse
United States
2016/01/11, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone
My name is Rose , i am 31 yrs old.i started being health concious some years back, if i remember wel its 2010,i joined several aerobics clubs and gyms,i have seen results.i used to weigh 90s now m on my 70s ..of late now my weight does not change,but my target is 65kg

My goal for thz year is to shed weight to my target through
.Morning jogs atleast 3 times a week
.evening training at the gym atleast 3 tyms a week.
.toning

I hope you guys will kip motivating me to reach my target.
Cheers.
Novatian
Novatian
United States
2016/01/11, 11:36 AM
Greetings!

My name is Jeremy. I'm 38 years old, married with 6 kids (between 1-9 years old). I sit and stare at a computer screen all day for my job and work from home, which means I'm even less active than I used to be when I'd walk to the car and drive to an office.

I was 330lbs by the age of 15. In college, I began training and shed more than 60lbs of fat while gaining muscle. I got down to 283lbs when I was 22 (my profile pic was when I was 21 and 299lbs).

I just weighed in at 399.2 lbs -- just now -- which is exactly 100 lbs more than my profile pic. I can live in denial, or go get surgery (nothing wrong with that if poeple choose that), but ultimately, I need to change my lifestyle and would prefer to do it w/o surgery... and stay motivated throughout the process... one day at a time.

I want to be around to see my kids grow up and grandkids some day, and my body can't sustain my current weight.

So I post here.

Hey Adrian ;)

--Jeremy
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2016/01/11, 05:14 PM
Adrian
Hello and welcome to the 2016 Motivation Challenge group!  Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group.  What is your current fitness situation? What are your goals? Why have you joined this group?

---

I'm here to continue support!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2016/01/11, 05:20 PM (Edited: Ravenbeauty - 2016/01/11, 05:22 PM)
Welcome everyone and Happy New Year!  It's so good to see you all on here.  

My name is Ravenbeauty aka Bettia.  I have been a member here since 2002. Throughout the years I have struggled with many health issues and trying to keep fit through those had been a struggle.  I went from marathon runner and cyclist to a 5k walker and foodie. Lol.  I still love Fitness and working out,  although since last year being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes,  I have found my working out routines to be very taxing and unsuccessful.  My goal this year is to find a low Intensity fitness program that is successful for me and this condition. 

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope to hear from you.  Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.  

Ravenbeauty
jain_ullas
jain_ullas
India
2016/01/11, 10:55 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Ullas, 22 year old software engineer, I love doing exercise, I love staying fit , but busy schedule doesnot helpme to.

2016 resolution of mine is

Staying fit and building muscle.

I hope this site helps in doing the same.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2016/01/11, 11:14 PM
jain_ullas
Hey everyone,

My name is Ullas, 22 year old software engineer, I love doing exercise, I love staying fit , but busy schedule doesnot helpme to.

2016 resolution of mine is

Staying fit and building muscle.

I hope this site helps in doing the same.

---

Welcome Jain and good luck on your goals, keep checking back with us and let us know how you are doing.  Also, check out the many fitness programs available for free and ask us if you have any questions.

Ravenbeauty
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2016/01/12, 02:13 AM
I want to be around to see my kids grow up and grandkids some day, and my body can't sustain my current weight.

So I post here.

Hey Adrian ;)

--Jeremy

---

Hello and welcome back Jeremy, it's been a long time! I really hope you can manage to get your weight down.  Small things like cutting meal sizes and daily walks will go a very long way!
i.am.mrs.olney
i.am.mrs.olney
United States
2016/01/24, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone. :)

My name is Kristy and I am fitness challenged. OK, not really, I really think I am just lazy. Maybe not lazy, but I do get bored easily, and when I get bored, I stop doing whatever is working. That has been my M.O. for the past three years.

Free Trainers was the first program I used back in 2013 and I lost weight quickly and easily. But after a couple of months, I got bored with the program and tried to do something else. I wasn't seeing the results with the other program that I saw with this one, and I panicked and just started trying all sorts of different workouts.

Which brings me back to Free Trainers. It was the only workout that I stuck with, and it was the only one that actually worked. So here I am, crawling back, hoping to get off this plateau that I have been stuck on for like, two years.

So, here goes nothing.... :)
MissEric
MissEric
United States
2016/02/02, 06:21 PM
My name is Eric (I'm a girl) I am 35 years old and 282 lbs. I have never worked out before. I want to try to start eating right and exercise regularly to improve my health and maybe teach my two sons healthier habbits. I don't know even what exersizes to do or how often. I am doing research now and I am hopeing this community can help motovate me and  help encourage me to stay motivated.
Léna
Léna
United States
2016/02/06, 09:34 PM
Hi, my name is Léna.  I'm a lot closer to 60 than I want to be, but I'm trying to do the middle age thing as gracefully as possible by taking care of myself as best I can.  When I was younger (40's) I was devout about going to the gym every other day no matter what. I actually had my best body ever when I was approaching 50.  

I've had several traumatic episodes occur throughout my 50's that has set me back some and my body has suffered. I lost track of putting my health first. I'm determined to get back on track.  For me, this includes the mind, body and spirit working in unison, so....

My goals for this challenge are:    
- doing core exercises with free weights and/or in home exercise work-out every day
- doing NIA dance training for
 at least 30 minutes five times a week 
- meditation daily for at least 15 minutes 
- eating healthier; focusing on fruits and veggies
- losing 40 lbs by Memorial Day (which is a doable 2.4 lbs per wk)
pambam
pambam
New Zealand
2016/02/19, 03:06 AM
Hi
I'm Pambam and been a member here for years but not visited in a long time. Now in my 40s and I was happy Free Trainers chose my pic years ago for a heading in the old format of the site
My goal this year is to start sparring in boxing and not close my eyes when someone tries to punch me ;)
Not as fit as I used to be but training 4 days a week with the boxing guys
Asibla77
Asibla77
United States
2016/02/19, 11:38 AM
Good Day,

I am in my 30s getting back in shape.  I fell off from working out due to death of my dad at the end of 2012.  Since then I've steadily gained weight. 

This year I've started back working out.  I am a runner and do lift weights.  I now have a home gym which is awesome.

I don't know how often I will log onto this but feel free to hit me up on instagram at whatido_fitlife.

Thanks. 

Looking forward to the motivation.
Rahuldevgir
Rahuldevgir
India
2016/02/20, 01:13 AM (Edited: Rahuldevgir - 2016/02/20, 01:14 AM)
Adrian

---Hi All
I m Rahul and I m 45 years old, have been through open heart surgery 14 years back.
I m weight 75 Kg as of now and I want to get down to 65 kg's so I request you all my humble hardcore fitness freak friends to suggest a planto cut down my weight and also too tone my body in good shape.
I don't want to bulk up but i need flat abs and lean and flexiable body.
I go to gym from mon to friday for 1:30 hours daily
Kindly share me my diet plan and fitness workout plan.
I do eat non veg(Chicken in perticular)
Awaiting for your early reply.
Rahul Giri.
kazihoque
kazihoque
Canada
2016/02/24, 03:48 AM
Hello everyone! This is Kazi and I am 34 years old, married with 1 Kid who is 5 years. I just joined FreeTrainers and created my calendar. I am very active everyday as my job is very physical (I am a Machine Operator in an Oil Industry). I am here to build muscle mass and strength so I can utilize it more at my work place. I want to quit smoking as well so being health concious and having a goal may help. I have made a 4 day split workout calendar for the Gym. I'll keep posting about my progress. THANK YOU Free Trainers for this excellent website which is the most helpful, simple and absolutrly FREE! I am gonna make this year memorable as now I know my Goal and I won't be feel like a dumb at the Gym knowing nothing. CHEERS!
veeDonnaDee
veeDonnaDee
United States
2016/02/25, 12:35 AM
Hello,
My Name Is Vivian. I'm 23 Years Old And I Have Always Struggled With My Weight. I Did Manage To Go Down From 150 To 115 But After I Had My Son I Went Back Up To 165. That Was 4 Years Ago and I'm struggling to get the weight back off. I am 5'3 && My Goal Weight Is At Least 120. I am New To This Site And Hoping It Can Help Me Lose The Weight And Get Back Into Shape 😊
2016/03/01, 01:53 PM
My name is Crystal, I'm healthy weight, but I want to work on building a healthy body. I'm also easily bored with workouts, but I also have a hard time dedicating to a workout. In addition, I'm too young to freely to set a diet for myself (15) and I just wish that I can have the chance to have that exerience. I'm here for y'all and I wish that you guys (and Gals) can help me to stay motivated!
heidimtaylor90
heidimtaylor90
United States
2016/03/18, 08:12 AM
My name is Heidi. I've been overweight my whole life it seems like and I'm sick of it. Diets don't work and I can't afford the gym so I was so excited when I found this site. I've just got to stay motivated and do my workouts everyday.  I'm getting married at the end of the year and I want to look amazing.
Vik1707
Vik1707
United Kingdom
2016/03/19, 08:03 AM
Hi everyone, I'm vicky. Stumbled on this site last night and thought the workouts looked great, I love running but need to start working out and strengthing other muscles for overall fitness and to improve my running. I've signed up to the resistance band workout and hope to get tips on weight training too 😊
McGovern02896
McGovern02896
United States
2016/03/26, 08:54 AM
Greetings from the smallest state in the union
I will soon be hitting the golden anniversary mark and turn 50 
weight has always been an issue - I am an emotional eater (working on this part)
and also dealing with seasonal depression 

I have been as high as 435 lbs
and as low as 95 lbs 

Now that I am at 219 lbs and learning how to eat in a healthy fashion 
that it's okay to have a cookie or ice cream cone in moderation 
and that salads and fish aren't so bad !! 

As normal I always seem to be late to the ball - so my new year officially starts on April 1st (no joke! LOL)
loveisha
loveisha
United States
2016/03/29, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone :-)

I am 53 n have worked out off n on all my adult life. I have been in the off mode now for quite sometime n need to find it in myself to get the on back. Working out is such an uplifting positive n really dont know why we quit so easily. However the awesome thing is we can start over anytime.

So with that said lets start...
dexford
dexford
Australia
2016/03/29, 06:49 PM
G'day! I'm Deb, 60yrs old and starting my new life today! My husband and I own and operate a Newsagency, so the time factor has been a bit of a 'thing'! However, where there's a eill there's a way they say. Looking forward to lots of inspiration from this group.
Michael75065
Michael75065
United States
2016/03/30, 12:27 AM
Adrian

I AM A BODYBUILDER LIKE TO BUILD MORE MUSCLES AND STAY IN SHAP AND EAT GOOD FOOD. THAT IS MY GOAL

MICHAEL LADD

---
angelmariee
angelmariee
United States
2016/05/17, 02:04 PM
I'm 18 recently just had a baby almost six months ago and now that he's starting to be a little more independent I figured it was time to do something about my figure so I really hope this helps I could really use the confidence boost :)
Isabelalovesfit
Isabelalovesfit
Switzerland
2016/05/22, 02:15 AM
Hello everybody! My name is Isabela, and I'm 23!
I'm here cause I need support! I'm a new member (just registered) and I love fitness.
My goals this year aren't to loose weight, but more to lose body fat, I want all that fat out, I wanna see my abs! But I struggle with the diet, because I don't have the discipline that is necessary to have a proper diet. :(
Need help!
pems
pems
Bhutan
2016/06/20, 04:57 AM (Edited: pems - 2016/06/20, 04:59 AM)
Adrian

--I am Pema.I am from Bhutan.quiet over weight i think and have been totally inactive due to the nature of my job. I would like to lose at least 20 kilos as soon as possible.I have just started going to the gym.but there is no instructor there so i would like to overcome my challenge with your help. from motivation to endurance and finally good results.keeping my fingers crossed..
Lupita37
Lupita37
Mexico
2016/06/22, 04:28 PM
Adrian

---I am 79 years old and weigh 124 lb. I exercise every day (cardio) at a gym. My name is Lupe and I want to find some exercise that I can practice in my home.
charnjeet
charnjeet
India
2016/06/23, 08:41 PM
hello everyone ............
      my name charnjeet singh . i am indian  punjabi boy. i have mamber here since 2016. i love fitness and workout .my goal is this year find a fitness program and i successful ....... please contact me ... send  the tips to me ........................
2016/07/20, 02:36 PM
Greetings!
My name is Kirstie and I'm in my mid 20's. I've been struggling with health for a long time. I was looking for a free workout set up that would also offer a support group. It looks like I found it!
Youngbutterfly
Youngbutterfly
Canada
2016/07/26, 08:30 PM
Hello,
My name is Krista, & I am looking forward to getting back into shape, feeling healthier & getting back to the mom, I know I am!!
I used to b really active, until the passing of my dad, he was my rock!! & I miss him so much but, I have to get back to feeling healthy & right now I just feel so Blahhhhh!!!
I am looking forward loosing realistically a descent amount of weight!! Hoping for 20lbs :-D
Thank you Adrian for staring this group, I have joined in hopes of getting some get support!! I definitely going to need it, I am usually not to good with exercising!!
And also to meet some fantastic people!!
Hanan26
Hanan26
Pakistan
2016/07/28, 05:34 PM
Hi! I'm hanan 19 years old with only 50 kg weight.advice me nutritional diet ill take with exercise and want to gain 15 kgs of weight.
Aspen123
Aspen123
United States
2016/08/13, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm Aspen, and I'm 12 (i know it's kinda young). I am in the seventh grade, although, I'm overweight for my age group, according to my doctor. Anyway, I'm in the range of 140lbs.-149lbs. I don't have much muscle and in gym class at school, a person has to have a somewhat amount of strength/muscle to succeed the expectations of that class, at least, that's what me and my friends think.

My goals are to lose a bit of weight, maybe cut down to around 115lbs., to get rid of extra body fat, and gain some strength/muscle.

I play with the neighborhood kids a lot, and plan on joining the soccer team at my school, but that does't necassarily 'work me out' now, and all the time.
Also I find it hard to keep up with workout plans, and I usually just fail altogether, which makes me unmotivated, but, nowadays I'm getting my plans straight on, which is good.

I hope to see great results around late december, which is 4 months from now.

Good Luck to everybody!
ramizpri24
ramizpri24
India
2016/08/15, 12:04 AM
My self md ramiz .I am now 20th years old.
I am allready started the gym before 2 years .
I have a bulk body .
My goal is to achieve a great body.
Terilee44
Terilee44
United States
2016/09/06, 01:29 PM
Adrian

---
I am trying to develop a workout within my mobility challenges that will get me in better shape. I miss working out and without the advantage of a trainer I am here to get it set up on my own.
fireassault
fireassault
Canada
2016/09/20, 02:47 PM
Hey everyone. I've just joined today so hurray for missing 3/4 of the year. At least staying motivated for 3 months shouldn't be that hard. Hope everyone is killing it thinking of summer 2017!
KatieBay9514
KatieBay9514
United States
2017/01/03, 02:12 PM
Hi im Katie! 

i am currently 21 years old! my goals is to lose a lot of weight. im currently struggling to keep myself motivated throughout the workout/eating right process. ive been overweight all my life pretty much, i did dance in High School so that helped out a lot, but when i graduated in 2014, i have drastically seen a huge difference in how i look. i am starting the 30 day gallon challenge, becasue i do not drink enough water through out the day! i have a sprained ankle at the moment, so it is very hard to keep myself going with the good eating habits without working out! i am 320lbs. and am looking to be 150-160 in a couple years! might be impossible but i sure do wanna try my hardest to hit that goal!. 

Hope Everyone is having a so far so good New Years! :)
Jacquelinelee
Jacquelinelee
United States
2017/01/15, 12:40 PM
Adrian

---Hi all,
My name is my is Jacquelinelee. I went to the doctor the other day and I was embarrassed to step on the scale.  I am 5ft 6 and currently weigh 229.  I really wanna loose 100 pounds. I am really committed to doing this. I know I can do it. Just really wanna get it done..
Jacquelinelee
Jacquelinelee
United States
2017/01/15, 12:43 PM
Since I cannot make it to the gym, I would love to find a buddy that I could work out with..  we could possibly do it via online, skype, or whatever..lol
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/01/16, 04:57 PM
Hi my name is Tasheika I'm 31 need to lose 150lbs. So that I can be healthy. Just started going to the gym 2017-01-13 had fun. Did Zumba and worked on core, shoulders, back and biceps. And today was core, chest and triceps. As well as cardio. Aching a little bit but I know I will be better for it in the end. My legs are probably going to hate me Wednesday.😉
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/01/16, 04:59 PM
KatieBay9514
Hi im Katie! 

i am currently 21 years old! my goals is to lose a lot of weight. im currently struggling to keep myself motivated throughout the workout/eating right process. ive been overweight all my life pretty much, i did dance in High School so that helped out a lot, but when i graduated in 2014, i have drastically seen a huge difference in how i look. i am starting the 30 day gallon challenge, becasue i do not drink enough water through out the day! i have a sprained ankle at the moment, so it is very hard to keep myself going with the good eating habits without working out! i am 320lbs. and am looking to be 150-160 in a couple years! might be impossible but i sure do wanna try my hardest to hit that goal!. 

---
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/01/16, 05:04 PM
Hi Katie,

I am also very over weight I need to lose 150lbs. It might seem impossible but if you take it one day at a time. I think you will find hard but doable. At least that is how I see it. Have faith in yourself.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2017/01/22, 02:07 AM
Hi Katie!  Welcome to FT.  
Hi im Katie! 

---
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2017/01/22, 02:08 AM
Hi Tasheika!  Welcome!
KatieBay9514
Hi im Katie! 

---

---
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2017/01/22, 02:09 AM
Hi Jacquelinelee and welcome.  Whereabouts are you located?  Maybe we can work something out. 
Since I cannot make it to the gym, I would love to find a buddy that I could work out with..  we could possibly do it via online, skype, or whatever..lol

---
Lylesmum
Lylesmum
Australia
2017/02/03, 03:25 AM
I am in my 40s and have spent the last year trying to get healthier and fitter. I am struggling. I work out in a group 1 hr a week, joined a gym but have not gone back. I need motivation. I need to have a schedule/list of things to do as I have no idea where to begin.
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last