Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

I was doing real good until...

dart368
dart368
United States
2006/11/30, 09:53 PM
Lifting weights, running 3 times a week, eating 6 meals a day of healthy foods.

But this month, I have really been blowing it. My weight has gone up a few pounds, Munching on the small Halloween chocolate candies, then Thanksgiving with the food and pies, then my Mother died and I have been eating like crap and hardly drinking water at all. I was so motivated and then all of this happened on top of my pulling a muscle in my upper back/chest area. That has me depressed as well. I really need some motivation to get back on track and to stop eating like it's no use, I'll never get rid of the fat anyway...
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2006/11/30, 10:00 PM
dart...So sorry to hear of your loss.. :(

you know like the rest of us emotional eating is the hardest to deal with..here are some suggestions:

Get your trigger foods out of the house, get your crutch foods out of arms' reach and through away those leftovers..and restock your shelves and fridge with those healthy foods again :big_smile:

you might feel like you have lost control of normality and routine right now..so take that back and slowly start incorporating what you used to do everyday.. alitle bit at a time..

and lastly..read this thread again on FT

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=2&t_ix=1773

I sincerely hope you feel better soon and can find your way back on the path of being emotionally and physically healthy :)

--------------
We should conduct ourselves not as if we ought to live for the body, but as if we could not live without it.
dart368
dart368
United States
2006/11/30, 10:48 PM
Thanks Velasca for the support. :)
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2006/11/30, 10:52 PM
Sorry about your loss. Life deals us many cards and we have to live up to them. There is never a better time than now, to get back on track. If you keep saying tomorrow, it will never happen. Good luck and you know what it takes.

--------------
A little discipline at the table and at the gym might help reduce that belly!

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/12/01, 10:37 AM
Life can deal you some crappy cards sometimes...so sorry for your loss. It seems to be very common to take a "I don't give a $hit" kind of attitude when we get depressed, I know I tend to do the same thing. You need to get your head around it and do the exact opposite. Start giving a $hit again, and appreciate the life and body you have. You know what you need to do and how to do it, so just do it. You'll feel sooo much better once you start!!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2006/12/01, 03:23 PM
HEy Datrt I know this might not help with your emotional state, but I lost my first born and put on 40 lbs right after that through depression eventhough that was 7 years ago I never get over and not suggesting you do, but If your mother was important to you look at it the way I look at life after therapy...A guy who charged me $100/hr gave me this advice and I give it to you free of cost ask yourself 2 questions:
1. If (insert person here) was still alive and around would they want to see you like this?
2. Would you want to honor their memory by falling to pieces when they spent so much time building your foundation?

--------------
Jason Fox 6'1" 380lbs Weight Goal 300 by april 2007
dart368
dart368
United States
2006/12/03, 02:01 AM
Wow Jay...that must have been horrible. I have an 11 month old and I couldn't imagine. I am so sorry to hear about that and that it had to happen.

Thank you for all of the condolences everyone and thanks for the suppoert. I am back on track and sticking to my goals, running sprints and lifting weights and I am going to stick with it.
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2006/12/03, 10:28 AM
welcombe back dart :D