Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

I don't know.....

graveyard_mayhe
graveyard_mayhe
United States
2007/01/02, 04:38 PM
I don't know if my problem is and eating disorder. I don't think it is. but what the hell do I know. I and 19/F/5'7"/110lbs. I don't eat very regularly but I do eat. I eat about once a day but I'm not hungry any other time. I am skinny but it's not like I am wasting away, I really want to be healthy and fit but I just don't know how to get my self to eat more. I try to eat in the morning when I wake up but it makes me sick to my stomach. Please help, any insite as to what my problem is would help me greatly. thank you
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/01/07, 09:32 AM
My son and I both get nauseated in the a.m. so we both try to at least drink a protein shake within an hour of waking up if we can't stomach anything, then we eat a "breakfast" at about 10:00 a.m. We just can't do food early in the a.m. You need to eat more, as you are aware, but try small meals then, 4-6 a day, just smaller type things. Healthy is eating right and exercise, are you exercising? If you are only eating once a day, I can't imagine you have much energy for exercise....there are some great recipes for protein bars here on FT, too, if that helps you out through the day, watch the ones you buy at the store, though, so many are filled with sugars. Take it a bit slow, don't try to do it all at once, just start adding things to your day, beef jerky is a good thing you can carry around, too, high in protein. Sit down and write what makes you NOT eat, keep a journal....if you possibly have a disorder, you need to talk to someone about it so that you can sort out what is going on that may be contributing to your feelings of not being hungry...I was in your shoes, 19, 96 pounds, 5'7" once so I can relate -- I was borderline anorexia, for quite a while even taking laxitives and throwing up if I did eat more than once a day, but then when I started to finally eat more, I binge ate and then purged and that messed me up for many years to come and the binging still nails me time to time. I am not saying you are doing any of that, I just remember having a harder time from 16-20 with eating habits and wish I had a group like FT to come to for support. Don't want to see you go through the metabolism roller coaster I got on, so it is best to nip this as soon as you can, just take small steps each day toward a healthy future! Good luck to you!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2007/01/14, 12:12 PM
I trained myself to wake up an hour earlier so that I could eat breakfast. I had the same problem.....Now I am ravenous when I wake up. lol