Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

i dont have motivation

Tattz
Tattz
Australia
2008/03/02, 06:06 AM
Im 21 female weighing in at 128kgs and only 5'10,
I get up every morning saying to myself todays the day im going to start my diet, but i never do it, i sit in front of the computer or tv and do nothing i need motivation some confidence in myself. i stand in front of the mirror and try to picture what i would look like being skinny. I get so angry with myself for not doing it so i go back to my room cry and go to bed i need some help so if anyone has been through this or haves any suggestions please tell me......
Killakia
Killakia
United States
2008/03/03, 06:06 AM
Well, i use to be the same way. except my problem had to do with video games. What helped me was I found a pic of someone who had the type of build I was looking for and printed the pic out a couple of times. I taped on to my bathroom mirror so I would see it every morning. One I taped by the computer monitor and another on top of my gaming system. Everytime I went to go play a game I had to look at the pic. needless to say I don't game as much now.

However it is simple to just take the pics off and go on with you life. so it still comes down to doing it.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/03/03, 01:38 PM
Quit telling yourself that you are starting your diet or going to be skinny. Refocus your goals into being healthy. The weight and appearance thing is just a pleasant side effect, but the true benefit is the betterment of your health, self confidence, etc. Words like "diet" or "skinny" have negative conotations. So, you look in the mirror instead and say "I've been healthy for 2 hours now, or 2 days or two months or however long, and it feels great!".
It's all about the mindset. You CAN do this. And remember, a craving really only lasts 3 or 4 minutes. When you are having a difficult time and just want to go sit on the computer, tell yourself that you can go type on the computer AFTER you take a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. Change your password to something motivational like "imhealthy" so that you are constantly reminded of what you are going for.
Along the lines of what Killakia suggested, our family has a Vision Board up in the hallway. It has pictures and notes about all of our dreams. I have everything from a picture of Carmen Electra to a picture of a new house, to a picture of a big office (promotion), my husband has a little note that says "Debt free", a picture of a $2700 mountain bike, and a picture of a new car. All of these things remind us to follow our paths, weather it be financially, health wise, work wise, etc. It's the first thing I see in the am, and the last thing at night. It's helped a lot. (Thank you Oprah).
corless319
corless319
United States
2008/03/07, 04:05 PM
wow amy and wow oprah! holy crap ill take that advice and put it on the wall great stuff.