Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

gaining....

runner4X
runner4X
United States
2007/05/17, 02:14 PM
Hi. I'm new here. Before I ask my question, I just want to say hello and thank you to any who respond. I have had an ED for about fourteen years. I'm finally, thank the Lord, beginning to recover. I am getting help....but the nutrition part is a bit tough. I have no idea how to eat, on on hand. On the other hand, I feel like I know everything there is to know about dieting and calorie intake. I am starting to gain weight, but also starting to get anxious about it. I am a runner, so my food is my fuel. However, I am not sure that I'm fueling properly. I eat alot at night, before I go to bed. Seemingly, uncontrollable. I binge at night. So an example day:
breakfast: 2 cups cheerios, 1 cup light soymilk, 1 apple
snack: dried fruit or yogurt
lunch: small bowl of whole wheat pasta (about 1 cup) yogurt, strawberries, dried orange slices
snack: mini box of raisins and a fruit leather

dinner: i don't know yet. I'll run 5 miles after work. Then it gets late and I eat dinner. However, I start to feel like I know I haven't gotten in enough calories and gorge on fatfreesugarfree icecream and things like that. Then i feel sick.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to even out my eating habits. Or, has anyone found any way to help with the late night eating?

Thank so much....
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/05/17, 02:24 PM
Hi runner4x and welcome to FT. Your diet looks heavily laiden with carbs and very little protien. Have a look at the grocery list for healthy eating (thumbtacked in the nutrition forum) and add some more protien to your diet. A healthier meal plan would looks something like this:
Breakfast: egg omlette with veggies, 1 apple
snack: handful of almonds, yogurt with fruit
lunch: whole wheat pasta with chicken and marinara sauce and veggies. whole fruit
Dinner: lean meat + veggies and "good carbs"
snack: cottage cheese and fruit

You really need to rethink your diet. Spend the time reading the many great posts on this site. Your certainly not eating enough to fuel your daily runs! If you eat a good source of protien with veggies and or fruit at every meal (including snacks) you wont tend to binge at the end of the day. Good Luck!
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/05/22, 09:44 PM
Try and get something high in protein as your last meal as it will make you fill fuller for longer.