Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Eating Disorder??

Ashley3456
Ashley3456
United States
2005/12/30, 05:44 PM
I have been struggling for a while with trying to deal with whats really going on.. if anything.. i am so confused.. but i recently was told that i am "sports dieting" and that can be just like an eating disorder?i find that odd. Here somewhat whats going on..I make sure i work out 7 days a week.. and burn at least 800 calories.. and then i don't feel so bad when i eat.. as i wrote in another post reading this tells me something is up.. but when i think about it.. my thoughts are everywhere and i just ignore the subject.. i saw other people saying things for attention on this site.. i assure you this is not what this is about.. i truly am so confused and don't know what to think about it.. but i don't want to ask anyone around me for help so im hoping this site,advice and biased opinions will help me come to reality with whats going on?.. I am so freaked out and confused and it feels like i have no control over this and my thoughts.. i know i ultimately do.. i don't know.. any opinions? I know this is an all over the place post and i really don't blame if no one answers.. it would be tough to answer lol! sorry!.. but thanks for any advice given, i really really appreciate it.
Ashley3456
Ashley3456
United States
2005/12/30, 05:56 PM
I am sorry about the double post! I am not sure what happened! lol!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/12/30, 06:00 PM
Hi ashley3456,

Not sure if what you are saying is that you workout, burning 800 calories at least and then you don't feel bad when you eat..do you mean you over-eat then when you do eat, or do you just feel that the feeling of having to work out so much is consuming you? Clarification would be helpful, but the ultimate answer for either of these would be that you would benefit from speaking with a professional, now you can start out by doing some personal research if you like and there are some that can offer suggestions but the concensus is that online help isn't going to help like outside help, but it is a start. I don't know your age, but there are sites for teenagers, also.

Here is a few sites that may help you:

http://mentalhealth.about.com/library/weekly/aa012698.htm

http://www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_HT/hdSubIndex.asp?goto_type=1x5-Grid&index=114136&title=Eating+Disorders&cid=HTHLTH

See my other post for more if you like. Good luck to you, realizing you MAY have a problem is the first step to getting help!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/12/30, 07:19 PM
Ashley - I'm by no means an expert in eating disorders but I've seen enough people that have problems which is what prompted me to ask you about your diet in a post yesterday about fatigue. You may not have a problem but seem sharp enough to tackle it if you do. There are several people that frequent this forum that do have first hand knowledge.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
BabiGirl420
BabiGirl420
Canada
2006/11/12, 08:57 PM
Hello my name is Kara I am new to this site I am young i'm 17 I have been stugglying with eating for almost 4 or 5 years now I also have depression. I have been in the hospital 4 times for being under weight i am very sick rite now and dont know what to do i'm so sick of this i was wondering if u haveany suggestions to help me out
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2006/11/15, 09:06 PM
This is something you need some professional help with...But you can take control starting now...Take a serious look at your food and your lifestyle. Most importantly get some help with professionals who specialize in this area. Keep your chin up you are young and have a full life ahead of you.
TheSniper
TheSniper
United Kingdom
2006/12/03, 01:24 PM
I suffered with anorexia for manly years after some bad times along with depression im 5.9 and i was 6 stone for quite a while it even got to the point where i didnt ever feel hungry and it wasnt me tryin not to make myself feel hungry i was just not hungry its messed up i know i used to eat once every 4 days or so just a sandwich or an apple but i slept most of the days away i went on like this for a long time until i meet a friend who got me eating. i dont really know how she did it but it was like id forgotten what food tasted like but most of all the smell im now trainin to be a chef cos i love cookin but i still have some difficulties its not that i dont want to eat but i just get full quickly i think its bcos all that time not eat made my stomach shrink and now it just wont let me stuff myself its weird does anyone know how to help?