Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1535, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Sticky Discussion Guidelines

george
george
Canada
2012/01/13, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the FreeTrainers.com online community, we hope you find the answers, support and motivation you are looking. Better yet, help provide that for others as well.

POSTING GUIDELINES

There are several professional moderators available 24/7 to help you with your questions, so don't hesitate to ask someone will get to it shortly.

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  •  Keep the profanity to a minimum. Keep in mind that this website and it's forums are visited by people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. Many of which do not appreciate vulgar language. So, the less there is, the better the forums are for everyone. Besides, a foul mouth doesn't make you look very impressive.
  •  Try your hardest to post in the appropriate group or discussion. Don't be upset if we move your post to a more appropriate area.

With YOUR continued support and participation, we will continue to remain the top health & fitness online resource.

Best regards,
George & Adrian
co-founders
befit2day
befit2day
United States
2012/02/03, 05:00 PM
george
Welcome to the FreeTrainers.com online community, we hope you find the answers, support and motivation you are looking. Better yet, help provide that for others as well.

POSTING GUIDELINES

There are several professional moderators available 24/7 to help you with your questions, so don't hesitate to ask someone will get to it shortly.

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  • Keep the profanity to a minimum. Keep in mind that this website and it's forums are visited by people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. Many of which do not appreciate vulgar language. So, the less there is, the better the forums are for everyone. Besides, a foul mouth doesn't make you look very impressive.
  • Try your hardest to post in the appropriate group or discussion. Don't be upset if we move your post to a more appropriate area.

With YOUR continued support and participation, we will continue to remain the top health & fitness online resource.

Best regards,
George & Adrian
co-founders

---
befit2day
befit2day
United States
2012/02/03, 05:12 PM
Hi, I am new, and I am glad I found this site, I think that is awesome, I'm 5' 4" and my weight is 137 lbs I don't think I am over weight but I'm having cholesterol problems, I eat very healthy and be working out on and off say 2 or 3 times a week  walking, treadmill, eleptic and some weights, I am doing the cardio workout but since there is not option for walking, I have bad knees, I can not run, but I walk pretty fast I think?? last time I did a 5K I did it in 42.8 Is that good?? Also I do two days of weights and 1 day of yoga or pilates.
  Can you please let me know is I am missing the option to track my time and distance for walking?
Thank you for your help and thank you for having this site.
quilter57
quilter57
United States
2012/04/09, 03:58 AM
Hi my name is Mary and I am new to this site.  I am hoping that by joining this site that I will be able to lose weight by having an exercise program that will work for me.  I also like the idea that I can talk to people who have the same problems that I have losing weight, having support from different people.   I am 5ft 1inch, weigh 295 lbs, have had both of my knees replaced, I have COPD, and congestive heart , I also have joint degenerative disease.  All of these combined makes it hard to lose weight.   I have thyroid disease as well and my medication keeps weight on me. I am hoping to be able to come up with an exercise program that helps me in all these goals and look forward to talking to people who understand my problems rather than putting me down
398fgq74d6
398fgq74d6
New Zealand
2013/01/09, 12:57 AM
Hi there,

My name is Maria and I am obviously new to this site.  Ok I started three years ago losing weight and have lost a whoping 60kgs.  I have found though in the last year that I am struggling a little and am starting to put a little of the weight back on that I have gone to great lengths to loose.  Anyway, the only thing that has changed is that I have stopped exercising as i\I lost my husband and went of tracks and am finding it hard to pick myself back up and get back on with the exercise.  If I am being completely honest though I did struggle with the exercise even before he past but he did encourage me which is what I am missing.  So here I am........needing some help and encouragement by others that are going thorugh the same thing and understand how easy it  can be to fall of the waggon so to speak.  i actually find people close to me although can be positive they are not very encouraging so I am looking for that, oh well enough about me for now as i can go on and on and repeat myself heheheheh.......
angelinvi
angelinvi
United States
2014/01/05, 02:14 PM (Edited: angelinvi - 2014/01/05, 02:26 PM)
I'm extremely thrilled to have found this site and am looking forward to the support  I receive here. It's also very exciting to meet others who share my interests and ambitions. I feel the motivation and inspiration in the air!!
highlyfavored14
highlyfavored14
United States
2014/06/23, 04:16 PM
Thanks for welcoming me. I hope to find answers to my challenges so I can reach my WL goal.
embermarsha
embermarsha
Canada
2015/10/26, 04:21 PM
I am hoping this site will motivate me to stay on track and never give up no matter how tough things get. My goal is to lose weight - lots of it. . I lost 2 inches around my waist from following an exercise program from July to September with the  Diabetic group through the hospital. Although the scale did not budge .... the 2 inches lost felt sooooo good....  Through this group I learnt that I am very impulsive and need some structure.. The impulsivity is great for creativity and expression.but is counter productive for a healthy lifestyle.. especially when you have to do everything on a schedule (especially meals)..  I am going to try my hardest and  i always listen to advice
jtruesdell15
jtruesdell15
United States
2016/04/07, 10:35 AM
i am hoping with this site that i would loss wight and get in shape. i also hope that this site would help me get motivate to hit my goals.because i tryed to lost wight and get in shape be for but it was so hard for me to stay motivate.
Yezca
Yezca
Puerto Rico
2016/12/21, 07:31 AM
Hello:

I just switched from Crossfit to a global gym and decided to join a network for support and training guidelines.  I'm starting today. Wish me luck!
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/01/14, 09:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tasheika Conley and my goal is to. Become a healthier and happier me. I am over weight. And need to lose 150lbs. My goal is to lose 15lbs in three months.
Poofer74
Poofer74
United States
2017/05/17, 01:12 PM
Hello all, I am new here.  I have been going to the gym now for 3 weeks and loving it.  I go 4 dys a wee nd concentraten certain muschles each day and get in some cardio as well.  I used to be an athlete but had knee surgery 2 years ago that left me with low self esteem because I couldn't keep up with all the activities i used to do.  I am now looking and feeling better.  I still have pain in my knee (good ole arthritis) so I am limited to how fast i can go.  But I am determined to get at least 85% of that athletic body back!!! Thanks for reading and have a great day.
terrsuz
terrsuz
United States
2017/07/03, 07:01 PM
Hello, I am VERY new to workouts.  I joined Planet Fitness and overwhelmed with all the equipment.  I want to gain strength and stamina along with weight loss.  I am 55 yr old at 5'6 and weigh 234 lbs .  Hopefully I will find a good workout program that will keep me interested and keep it up.
Glad I found this site, hopefully I will get good advise and direction.

Here I go!!!!!!
ctrhtn2369
ctrhtn2369
Russian Federation
2018/04/18, 01:35 AM
Всем привет ! Меня зовут Оля ! Нашла ваш сайт и решила присоединиться , не так давно стала ходить в тренажерный зал и пока кроме пары тренажеров ничего не освоила . Хотелось бы побольше узнать про тренажеры и как на них заниматься ..Надеюсь это у меня оплучится с вашим сайтом ! Всем хорошего настроения и тренировок !
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2018/04/18, 04:06 PM
добро пожаловать на фристайлеры Оля.

Замечательно, что вы начали тренироваться и наслаждаетесь этим. Каковы твои цели?
Это поможет нам лучше узнать вас и понять, к чему вы стремитесь.
jay20181
jay20181
United States
2018/04/27, 08:08 PM
Hello Everyone. I am new to Freetrainers.com

Name is Jay. Some of the reasons I joined is to exercise for healthy lifestyle and encourgement from other people in their exercise journey.
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2018/04/30, 11:19 AM
Welcome aboard Jay.  Good luck with your exercise goals and getting into better physical shape.  Browse the forums, there are loads of great information for getting in better shape and sticking with it.
onehotpapa
onehotpapa
United States
2018/12/30, 09:34 PM
Good Evening,

I have just started lifting...again.  Long story.  53 years of age. Overweight 250 lbs...6 foot 2 inches, so I learned to dress it well enough.  Larger pants and shirts..I believe we all know the drill.  I heard about the Keto diet one evening and after some research, slowly cut carbs out of my diet.  Daughter's wedding was last March and I wanted to look fit.  Lifted weights and walked about 5-6 miles per day.  After the wedding, I cut all carbs and all sugars and amazingly enough, the weight began to disapear.  I am now 188 lbs, feel great, but I have lost a lot of muscle and strength.   This is not a NEW YEAR, NEW YOU idea, it has been a long process.  I am looking forward to meeting you all, and learning from you too as we stroll this path together.

Ken
2020/02/14, 11:06 PM
Hello!  I'm Laura - I'm currently 328.6lbs I am starting tomorrow in my very first attempt to get my workout from off the page and into my journal.  I have a v-shaped body type, and I can't wait to start!

I need to check this whole site!

Worst weight statment I've come across:  "Your not fat..." - How fat do I have to be in order to be fat in your eyes?

I took a picture with the therapy cat - I was mortified by the side of myself compared to her - I looked like a linebacker holding a foot ball...

So as to say - I'll keep updated with pictures.

Love to hear some pep-talks and pointers!  Hoping to make some workout buddies as well!

~ Laura
Jricha14
Jricha14
United States
2020/03/01, 09:19 PM
Hi
I'm new to all things gym. Throughout my life I have been over weight and always gradually increased slowly but I have never really lost weight. I have no clue what I am doing or need to so in order to loose straight belly. I'm 5 4
And 230 lbs. I have recently realized the best thing that I can do is loose weight for my overall psychological and physical health. I need a serious breakdown of what to do, help!!!!!!
Superplayer1930
Superplayer1930
United Kingdom
2020/05/19, 02:34 PM
Hi,
I’m Adriann I’m hoping with this site that I can find some motivation and lose weight, as I’m hoping to join the army cadets and possibly the army in the future. I also want to get back into sports but due to the lack of exercise and training I have had many injuries that have stopped me playing sports. As I’ve just found this app I will have to be patient but it’s seems like a really good one
Shakun
Shakun
India
2020/09/08, 01:53 AM
all the best Guys