Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

ABS Everyday?

TheGameShan
TheGameShan
Pakistan
2004/12/12, 04:10 PM
Should i do abs exercises every day(5 times) with my other workouts. i have a lot of fat around my belly.....but im on ft`s muscle gaining program. so cant do cardio that much.
so is it ok to do abs daily with my other exercises. will i loose fat faster?
plz guide.
nellyboy
nellyboy
United States
2004/12/12, 04:23 PM
if you break them up into sections, yes. if not, then no.
example:
day1: lower abs
day2: obliques
day3: upper abs
rotate

this is just an example, so it doesn't necessarily mean this is what you should do. most people just starting off with a new resistance program should elimate most if not all crunch type activities and focus on correcting the imbalance between the upper abdominals, lower abdominals and neck flexors....among the other thousand or so imbalances usually found in an assessment.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/12/12, 06:30 PM
Abs every day will not build the 6 pack you want. The only thing this will accomplish is burn a bit more calories. Do them 3 times per week with resistance. Look to your diet, this will make your abs show.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
TheGameShan
TheGameShan
Pakistan
2004/12/13, 05:21 AM
Thanx nellyboy and bb1.
snipura
snipura
Slovenia
2004/12/22, 10:40 AM
no way, abs are like other muscles, and need to rest, il do them 3 times pre week, but for a 6 pack u need a proper diet, no fat man, bye
kuzak
kuzak
United States
2004/12/22, 04:06 PM
yep he's right that's what i do...after lifting i do intense cardio for 15-20 minutes and then target a certain area of my abs each day

============
Quoting from nellyboy:

if you break them up into sections, yes. if not, then no.
example:
day1: lower abs
day2: obliques
day3: upper abs
rotate

this is just an example, so it doesn't necessarily mean this is what you should do. most people just starting off with a new resistance program should elimate most if not all crunch type activities and focus on correcting the imbalance between the upper abdominals, lower abdominals and neck flexors....among the other thousand or so imbalances usually found in an assessment.
=============
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/22, 07:31 PM
I train them four days a week........2 days with resistance, 2 days lighter without anything but body weight.
example
sun.......ball crunches 4x20
mon......cable crunches...4x15(3 sec hold)
wed......ball crunches.....4x20
fri......ball reverse crunches......4x15w10lb db

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

chasem
chasem
United States
2011/03/29, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys this was actually very helpful!! I have been trying to get a six pack by doing short ab cuircut training everyday. I'll try to spread it out now. I have actually seen some pretty good results so far, but that's probably only because it's been a couple weeks.

Also, I wrote a Hub, or an article on Hubpages, about working out. Can anyone who reads this plz look over it for me? The website URL's should be in my signature. If they aren't then here's one of them at the bottom. You can find the links to all of them on this page and my profile. Thanks for any help you are willing to give. And if you like it, feel free to share it with your friends and networks (like facebook, twitter, etc.) http://hubpages.com/hub/Working-out-with-no-weights

--------------
A 10 minute workout without weights - http://hubpages.com/hub/Home-workout-routine-10-minutes
A 30 minute workout without weights -
http://hubpages.com/hub/Working-out-with-no-weights