Group: 2018 Motivation Challenge

Created: 2016/01/10, Members: 844, Messages: 260

Stay motivated! Have you made a new years resolution to start a new workout program? Are you still waiting to start it? Have you already started it and are now having trouble keeping it up? We would like to help you during this period by creating a group for people facing similar challenges.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of your goals, age and gender, as long as you'd like to try to stay motivated with the rest of us.

Join group

SMOKING

gizemcan
gizemcan
Turkey
2017/01/17, 02:53 PM (Edited: gizemcan - 2017/01/17, 02:55 PM)
The title says it all. I have just joined the community, will start my workout tomorrow. What bothers me is the fact that I'm smoking. I don't think I can quit smoking anytime around this year. I don't know. It just feels wrong even just to use smoking and working out in the same sentence, but I just can't stop. All these depression and stress I have make me smoke, and I guess it is a habit to smoke now. I just want to know your thoughts. Should I try my very best to quit or is there anybody out there smoking like me and training in the mean time? I am so down. I'll appreciate any help, any thoughts. Thank you!
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/01/20, 02:48 PM
gizemcan
The title says it all. I have just joined the community, will start my workout tomorrow. What bothers me is the fact that I'm smoking. I don't think I can quit smoking anytime around this year. I don't know. It just feels wrong even just to use smoking and working out in the same sentence, but I just can't stop. All these depression and stress I have make me smoke, and I guess it is a habit to smoke now. I just want to know your thoughts. Should I try my very best to quit or is there anybody out there smoking like me and training in the mean time? I am so down. I'll appreciate any help, any thoughts. Thank you!

---
Well let me just say up front I. Don't smoke. But my mom smoked a very long time. But 30 years ago she stopped cold turkey because it was hurting me and my sister and she use to smoke three packs of cigarettes a day. My mom is now 73 years. Now I am not telling you to quit cold turkey or to stop before you start exercising. What I am saying is that if you want to get healthy quitting smoking would be beneficial to your health. But start on the exercising and as you start to feel physically and mentally better. Then think again about quitting smoking and maybe try weaning yourself off the smoking. Hope this helps 😊
gizemcan
gizemcan
Turkey
2017/01/26, 04:52 PM
Tasheika
gizemcan
---
Well let me just say up front I. Don't smoke. But my mom smoked a very long time. But 30 years ago she stopped cold turkey because it was hurting me and my sister and she use to smoke three packs of cigarettes a day. My mom is now 73 years. Now I am not telling you to quit cold turkey or to stop before you start exercising. What I am saying is that if you want to get healthy quitting smoking would be beneficial to your health. But start on the exercising and as you start to feel physically and mentally better. Then think again about quitting smoking and maybe try weaning yourself off the smoking. Hope this helps 😊

---

Oh thank you! I'm so glad you've written this message to me. I was kinda thinking the same way, but still wasn't sure. Your story did help me, believe me. Again, thanks a lot.
Tasheika
Tasheika
United States
2017/01/26, 11:13 PM
gizemcan
Tasheika
gizemcan
---
---

Oh thank you! I'm so glad you've written this message to me. I was kinda thinking the same way, but still wasn't sure. Your story did help me, believe me. Again, thanks a lot.

---
I am glad that that my story has helped you. One more thing to add. When my mom decided to quit smoking she finished the her opened pack of cigarettes. Then for a year she carried an unopened pack with her incase the craving for a cigarette was to strong. One year later she through the pack of cigarettes away. It was never opened.