Group: motivating ladies

Created: 2012/04/06, Members: 397, Messages: 159

a group for ladies any age who want to motivate each other and give advice or just talk and keep track of one another

Join group

I need help I'm trying to lose weight!!

Sbyers4
Sbyers4
United States
2016/05/06, 06:34 PM
I've been working out for over a year now and trying to eat healthy but no matter what I do I can't get anywhere. I think maybe I need to eat healthier foods but I'm having trouble staying with it. Can anyone tell what they eat to lose weight and how they lost it? Btw I'm 5'3, 150 lbs.
RitaKellett1
RitaKellett1
United Kingdom
2016/05/09, 05:14 AM
Hi,

Found this on line - hope it helps.

I'm slightly shorter than you (5ft  1and 1/22) and around 145 pounds. I found when I avoided a lot of bread and pasta (foods rich in carbs) the weight did come off - I got to 131 - annoyingly, I went back to old habits.

Avoid lots of sugar and eat a balanced diet. I've heard raw and unprocessesd foods are really good for you, so I will give that a try too.

Here's the list I found - I'll stick to it if you do!! Keep me posted - I want to get back to around 126 pound by mid-July - though will take it slowly!
Almonds and other nuts (with skins intact)
Build muscle, reduce cravingsDairy products (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)
Build strong bones, fire up weight lossEggs
Build muscle, burn fatTurkey and other lean meats
Build muscle, strengthen immune systemBerries
Improve satiety, prevent cravingsEnova oil (soy and canola oil)
Promotes fullness, not easily stored as fatPeanut butter
Boosts testosterone (a good thing even in women), builds muscle, burns fatFatty fish (such as salmon, tuna, mackerel)
Trigger fullness, fire up fat burningGrapefruit
Lowers insulin, regulates blood sugar and metabolism; be sure to eat the fleshy white membranesGreen tea
Fires up fat burningChili peppers
Spikes metabolismSpinach and green vegetables
Fight free radicals and improve recovery for better muscle buildingWhole grains (quinoa, brown rice, whole grain cereal)
Small doses prevent body from storing fatBeans and legumes
Build muscle, help burn fat, regulate digestionWhey
Builds muscle, burns fatHope this helps - keep in touch!

Rita
kdaedone
kdaedone
United States
2016/05/14, 11:32 AM
I follow the old WW points program and that seems to work best for me. You can eat what you want, just have to watch portion sizes. I've tried Paleo, No Carb, Low Carb and the 21 day fix program and none of those were sustainable for me. I felt deprived, and once you get discouraged you go off the diet. I also ate too many fats and gained weight.

Let me know if you want more details :)

~Karie
icardio1
icardio1
United States
2016/06/23, 12:38 PM (Edited: icardio1 - 2016/06/23, 12:39 PM)
Plan Your Meals

The first and most important part of transitioning into a healthy lifestyle is planning correctly what you must eat. This is can be daunting task especially for those who are always on the go. You must remember, though, that this step is important in helping you get used to the new eating habits.

Everyday, you must remember to plan you meal before you even take them. For instance, before eating breakfast, you must set up a desired meal plan the night before. Pack your food beforehand to ensure that you get the right measurements required by whatever diet method you are taking. The same goes for your lunch and dinner. As you continue with the diet, you wouldn’t believe how easy and beneficial it is to plan a meal beforehand.

Purge Your Fridge and Pantry

This is probably one of the hardest sacrifices you have to make in order to lose weight. It is time for you to open your fridge and other food storage and purge them of any unhealthy food. Throw that ice cream, cake, chips, candies and everything that are unhealthy, and replace them with healthier alternatives, like whole wheat pretzels and crackers, breads and pastas.

Purchase Guilt-Free Snacks

The on-going need to stay fit and healthy brought about the creation of guilt-free snacks that you can munch on without worrying of gaining extra pounds. This is extremely helpful if you still are having a hard time giving up your in-between meal sessions or fighting those nasty cravings.

Some of these healthier alternatives include almonds, dried fruits, sugar-free desserts and more. Even your favorite condiments now have their organic counterparts, which are free of the chemicals sometimes attributed to weight gain.

Drinks and beverages that pack a lot of calories should also be lessened, if not eliminated. Instead of drinking carbonated sodas and commercially packed fruit juices, opt for healthier diet sodas and freshly squeezed juices. Also remember to add a sugar-free packet to your bottled water whenever you drink one.

Choose White Meat Instead of Red

The best way to lose weight without eliminating protein is to choose white meat over red. Skinless chicken breasts are very lean and contain high quality protein, which is essential in losing weight. Baking them can further enhance their nutritional value.

Another one of the diet makeover tips you can use is to substitute fish meat for your pork or beef. Fish meat is healthier and contains high quality fatty acids that can help improve heart and other bodily functions. Nevertheless, remember to include protein in your diet to create balance.