Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Lets workout together!

Amie93
Amie93
Canada
2015/09/09, 09:05 AM
Hey everyone,

Im a new member to Free Trainers I found this website in search of exercise plans for me and my boyfriend of 4 years. I want us to start exerciseing, eat healthier and be more active in general.

My goals are to be healthy, have the motivation to do more, stay healthy with the love of my life and have the both of us be fit. The one problem Im having is trying to get my boyfriend to exercise with me. He isnt a lazy person he just isnt one to exercise. Im trying to figure out ways to motivate him and get him to want to work out with me. 

If anyone has any suggestions for me that would be very helpful. He is the love of my life and I want us to be healthier so we can do everything we want without being tired.

Thanks,
Amie R.
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2015/09/09, 02:42 PM
Hi Amie

Welcome to FreeTrainers - it's great that you've decided to become healthier. I suggest you keep it up, whether your boyfriend joins you or not. Once you start becoming more fit, I'm sure he will want to catch up - he won't accept "being beaten" by you :-) Perhaps it just seems a bit hard to push him now at the beginning, but this will change.

Good luck and keep up the motivation!

- Adrian
fabi
fabi
Switzerland
2015/09/09, 03:05 PM
Hello

My name is Fabienne and I just joined freetrainers now! I think that Adrian is right... you shouldn't push your boyfriend too hard... he will join you automatically, once he sees the changes you have made! :-) and if not, you still have the option of just cooking very healthy for him... :-)

good luck!

Fabi
wiseowl0713
wiseowl0713
United States
2015/11/02, 03:24 AM
I am new as well and i know that it is really hard when yo dont feel that you have a support system but he in time will see you get more energy looking better skin glowing and he will want the same results as well. 

Remeber to have fun

sarah
b.v.anuraag
b.v.anuraag
United States
2015/11/08, 08:39 PM
hi there
i agree with sarah. dont worry once you start looking slim and feel healthier than him, he will obviously sense that and want to compete with you

dont forget to make him jealous

b.v.anuraag