Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Need Advice

victoria_mg
victoria_mg
United States
2015/07/16, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, my name is Victoria. Recently I was told my by doctor that I was a likely candidate for diabetes. My whole life I was active and ate right up until about two years ago. I am 5'1 and weigh 135 pounds so it isn't because I am over weight and dive into sugar all day. I just have really bad genes. Anyways, I am trying to fight this at all cost and am trying different workouts. Do you guys have any advice?
watsonr52
watsonr52
United States
2015/08/05, 05:37 PM
victoria_mg
Hey guys, my name is Victoria. Recently I was told my by doctor that I was a likely candidate for diabetes. My whole life I was active and ate right up until about two years ago. I am 5'1 and weigh 135 pounds so it isn't because I am over weight and dive into sugar all day. I just have really bad genes. Anyways, I am trying to fight this at all cost and am trying different workouts. Do you guys have any advice?

---Your doctor said you are a likely candidate......When my husband was given that same diagnoses, we immediately looked at our activity level and, although, we weren't eating alot, we looked at the types of food we were eating.  Rick, who is retired and has arthritis hasn't had a high activity level for several years.
      One of our sons is a certified trainer and had been trying to get Dad to do the little things, this was the wake up call Rick needed.
     Now he does some movement during every hour of the day. He is working up to 30 minute walks daily. Jerry has him using the bands and light weights and already he has more energy.
     Now we are working on his diet. While I was at work he was sneaking junk food or eating out alot.  That has all stopped, except one day a week.  We are working on other modifiers.
   So my suggestion to you.....use this forum for accountability, weigh ins and such, and keep a food journal---don't lie to yourself, put all the uglies in the journal.
  Good luck.  Look forward to hearing how you have moved away from the diabetes cliff.