Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Recovering

raerarae
raerarae
United States
2013/01/09, 08:14 PM
Not sure if this group is still active, and not sure what's triggering, so I'll use no numbers :-) 

Okay, so, hi, guys! 

I guess I'll start off by saying I'm a recovering anorexic. Although that doesn't seem quite right. Physically, I am at a healthy (albeit low) weight, and am going to get cleared for exercise tomorrow (hence why I joined this site). Mentally, I am still very much an anorexic. I went into the hospital in mid-November for 9 days and wasn't severely underweight, but had lost enough that my heart had been compromised.

Now, as anyone who's ever had to go through redfeeding knows, you gain weight. And you gain fat, not muscle :( Because of this, I want to burn the fat and gain muscle and tone instead of withering away like I was before.

Any other recovering EDs in here? :)
pvanessaw
pvanessaw
United States
2016/08/02, 12:24 PM
Hello! I saw some of your posts on the forum and if you're looking for personal training assistance and/or nutrition coaching, I offer certified online coaching for both areas of wellness and would love to help you reach your goals together. I have a background in disordered eating, working with clients with a history of food restrictions and body image problems, etc. If you're interested in working together, please feel free to contact me (Paige) at walte497@d.umn.edu to get started. I look forward to hearing from you! :) I also have a blog/website that you can check out if you want to get to know more about me and my background- www.walte497.wix.com/paige