Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Muscle confusion work outs

Fit_to_fight
Fit_to_fight
United States
2012/08/02, 02:15 AM
My Wife and I recently had a baby girl about 2 months ago. Neither one of us is grossly overweight or morbidly obese but we could stand to lose a few pounds. We are both turning 25 this year and we want to get into better shape. We recently joined In-shape city and we got a 1 free personal trainer session and the trainer was talking about muscl confusion workouts being the best thing if you need to lose. Few lbs and get toned. I was doing some research and it sounds pretty legit. My problem is I find myself doing the same muscle confusion workouts and not reallly seeing much improvements. I was wondering if anybody has done muscle confusion morkouts before and if you had any workout routine ideas. Thanks
Kietwills
Kietwills
United States
2012/08/06, 08:28 PM
Id love to know about that too.
OliverNF7
OliverNF7
Norway
2013/10/08, 02:33 PM
Hellofit to fight. Im not sure what you've read online but to explain a bit further muscle confusion means varrying your workouts on a planned frequency so your body doesn't adapt to the workout thus it continues to exert maximum effort everytime you workout. Our body is an efficient machine,
OliverNF7
OliverNF7
Norway
2013/10/08, 02:39 PM
Example, if you jog for 30 mins with 50% effort (100% effort being a sprint) everyday for 3 weeks you will notice that after 3 weeks the workout is no longer challenging enough. What happened was your body has adapted to your workout thus it spends less energy whenever you jog and therefore it minimizes your gains(ie fatloss) in the process. What worked for me pretty well was when i tried interval cardio training. I followed a certain jogging intensity for 3 weeks then changed or upped the intensity afterwards. The rewards have been great. Keep in mind though that these kinds of workouts are intense and will make you tired each time you do it (alhough the workouts are considerably shorter about 20-30mins) but then again thats why you loss weight more efficiently compared to doing long bouts of cardio.