Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Burning Calories-Help

nay34
nay34
United States
2012/02/16, 03:28 PM
I have been keeping track of how many calories I intake each day and how many I burn while I workout at the gym. I have always believed that my daily calorie goal to consume is all I can intake not counting what I burn at the gym. The other day I was told that when I burn calories at the gym then I have those extra to concume for the day also. Can someone advise me on this.
Thank you.
2012/02/16, 04:18 PM
You ask a loaded question but basically whoever told you to consume extra calories when you exercise. You should also know that all calories aren't created equal but you probably already do.

This page has some good age and gender specific calorie information and adjustments for varying degrees of exercise.

http://www.positivehealthsteps.com/calories/daily-required.shtml

There are simple formulas but age calorie quality matters as well as how active you are. The Freetrainers sight has a great deal of information but is being renovate and I'm not sure the search engine is up yet. At the top of the group you posted in is a button that says "show all topics". Click it and look around. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.
nay34
nay34
United States
2012/02/17, 08:17 AM
Thank you CharlieMV.