Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Need help to lose 30lbs

Xenarose
Xenarose
Canada
2012/01/19, 09:05 PM
My name is Xenarose and I just join program, I am 49 yrs , weight 165lbs and I have been struggling to lose 30lbs for the longest time, I watch my -workers comes after me and lose 50-60 lbs or more and I am still sitting 165lbs, my main problem i cann't stay focus on a diet, during the week may be ok but on weekend i just blow it out of the waters,  previously, I have been very good with sticking to an exercise schedule but lately I haven't been exercising at all.

I need help with a healthy nutritious meal plan and a workout exercise that would make me lose weight fast and some tips on how to stay focus to be able to achieve my weight loss goal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
kolhy
kolhy
Canada
2012/01/22, 06:31 PM (Edited: kolhy - 2012/01/22, 06:53 PM)
Hi Xenarose!

I like what you posted on your fit profile: that you intend to follow a "healthy" nutritional plan. All too often these plans are just "diets". Diets are not sustainable and ultimately lead to yo yo dieting - even more detrimental to your health than staying overweight!

I'm concerned that you aim to acheive this weight loss "fast". This is simply not realistic - at least not on a healthy plan.

I understand the motivation to loose weight are many - but your health and wellbeing should take priority above all else. What good is it to be 30 lbs lighter if your health begins to suffer? Diets (and the traditional american meal come to think of it!!) often lack healthy fats, antioxidants, fiber and the array of phytochemicals, vitamins, and minerals that are necessary to fend off disease and keep your body functioning properly.

To be sucessful you'll need to form new habits. Habits are plastic - you can drop them and form new ones! That's the good news! The bad news? They are hard to change!

I liken habits to a trail in the woods after a snow fall (haha I love winter trail running!). To pack down that snow takes a lot of effort. However, once the trail has been taken a few times - it becomes more packed and it's easier to take! Right now you're on an unhealthy packed trail - you need to form a new one, but it's difficult to vear to the right on an unpacked path! You naturally want to take the one that is easy and requires no effort.

So tip # 1: Know that this will be hard - at least at first. Expect to put in a lot of effort but know that it DOES get easier the more you take this "trail".

Tip # 2: Educate yourself. Stay away from supplement sponsored educational material, or fad diet books. Remember - this is not a quick "fix" nor should it be a "diet". Whatever you choose to do it MUST be sustainable and MUST be intended as a permanent lifestyle change. Recall, yo yo dieting is far more detrimental than staying as you are and it often leaves you heavier than before.

Some recommendations:

www.vitalitymagazine.com
www.healthylivinginfo.ca
www.alive.com
www.thechinastudy.com

Tip # 3: Change your environment. Take a good look at your social network. Are there sabateurs in your ciricle? Are there people that motivate and inspire you? How can you minimize the latter and capitalize on the former? You've GOT to get yourself into a group that have the same goals AND are in the process of obtaining them! Stay away from those that have the same goals (they are a dime dozen!) but are doing ZERO to actually achieve it. ACTION inspires! You need inspiration - it's out there, go find it!

Tip #4: Stick with FreeTrainers. Follow your training plan, read through the forums, and log your progress. Keep us posted on how you're doing! I'd love to hear about the changes you've made!