Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I want to gain weight!!!!

DeterminedJoe
DeterminedJoe
United States
2010/06/28, 12:24 AM
Im 17 years old and I weigh 160 lbs on the spot. My dad was lean, but never so called "buff", so genetically I believe I will be the same way. However, I want to be bigger than what genetics will most likely do for me. I also have a fast metabolism. What can I do that will help me gain weight so that I can be at least a little more bigger? All help is appreciated...thanks!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2010/06/28, 06:34 AM
eat, train hard, eat, sleep, eat eat and um eat......get the idea? LOL since your metabolism is so fast you need a ton of calories. Good Luck

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
THE HIGH COST OF LIVING AINT NOTHING COMPARED TO THE COST OF LIVING HIGH.

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2010/07/10, 03:09 AM
Eat more. Do Starting Strength 5x5 or Bill Starr's 5x5 workouts. Google the programs, they are free on the net.

To gain weight try drinking more milk, upwards of a gallon a day if you're not lactose intolerant.

Include more fats in your meals, by drizzling various healthy oils(olive, canola, grapeseed, etc).

Eat more meals.

Try protein shakes for help with getting more protein/calories in your daily diet.
PHYSIQUE79
PHYSIQUE79
United States
2010/08/25, 01:58 PM
Hey Determined Joe I agree with what 7707mutt and menace3000 have said you do need to eat because I am like you my genetics will not allow me to gain weight I have a sister who has had two children she after which she may have done 2 sit ups and she still has a washboard stomach and tone arms. But one thing those two guys didn't tell you or were not to clear about is you don't just need to eat, eat and eat because am like you and I did that ate 5 meals a day with snacks in between I ate until it felt like a chore to it I hated it and you know what I lost ten pounds because when you have a metabolism like ours the more you eat the faster it will burn in off and you will spend half the time in the rest room. So you do need to it but foods high in calories because you can it a huge meal and it only have 400 calories but you can turn around and plan a smaller meal and get 500 to 900 calories from it so count calories it works.