Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Eating disorder?

SkinnyBitch39
SkinnyBitch39
United States
2009/03/02, 01:39 PM
I weigh 5'4" n' a half and weigh 115 pounds.
I do not make myself throw up, but I have attempted.
I have gone through a period time where I did eat nowhere near close to normal, by skipping lunch and only eating about one meal a day. My friends got so angry with me.
I don't do that anymore. But I feel myself going back to that.. I can't help it. I am aware of the fact that when you don't eat your body actually gains more fat cause it's using it. When my friend informed me of this my reply was,
"Well after I get past that stage then the weight will come off." :dumbbell: My response scares me now. I scare myself.
As a kid I was always the skinniest, and now as a teenager I'm not the skinniest. And it kills me inside. I wish it wouldn't but I can't help it.
My parents hardly notice me or if I have any problems so they're not much a help. My best friend screams :( at me for it and I automatically shut down when people yell at me. My other best friend won't aknowledge it. So I say my boyfriend:love: is the most helpful but.
I basically just want some helpful advice I guess. Any thoughts on how I can try to prevent me falling back into my old habits? I don't know, sorry if this is a useless post..
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2009/03/03, 11:35 AM
A post asking for help is never a useless post. I don't know the answer but I'll bump it back up and possibly someone will jump in that can. You obviously have a severe self confidence shortage there but I'm not sure in which direction to point you.
SkinnyBitch39
SkinnyBitch39
United States
2009/03/09, 01:23 PM
Thanks, anyone else have anything?
leemol
leemol
United Kingdom
2009/05/06, 12:43 PM
SB39, I hope you don't mind me saying but it sounds llike there might be a self-esteem issue behind what's going for you. I so glad to hear your boyf is supportive. I'd like to say talk about how you feel to your parents, concentrate on all the positives about yourself, but I know it's not that easy. You mention you're a teenager. If you are at school or college is there a counsellor you could see to talk in confidence about these things? Otherwise maybe see your GP to see if you can see a counsellor that way. Maybe talking through will help you process what going on inside your head to prevent falling backwards.
Good luck
X
Roni2008
Roni2008
United States
2009/05/16, 05:51 AM
I use to work for Remuda Ranch, go to there web site , there is alot of useful information there. God Bless you on your road to health :big_smile: