Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Night Eating

sallybobally
sallybobally
United States
2008/06/29, 11:03 PM
Hello! I have had about every eating disorder there is....and right now I am doing a lot of night eating. I wake up in the middle of the night and eat ....I am half asleep but I still know what I am doing. This is really putting a damper on my weight loss goals and it makes me feel disgusting. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Any help or suggestions would be of great help. Thanks!
bnelson03
bnelson03
United States
2008/06/30, 12:14 AM
Are there certain things you are eating or just anything? I know a lot of times I'll crave either salty or sugary and it's a sign of something I missed eating during the day or an overload of emotions that need a way out. Try to either just have one bite or distract yourself with something else like a good cup of tea. While I've never been a fan of a mirror in the kitchen, I have heard it can be a reminder of how it makes you feel before you eat. And always a good idea is to write about it or talk about it, a good friend is always there to support you!