Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Finally i'm making a change!!

jessi111291
jessi111291
United States
2008/03/06, 07:01 PM
I'm 16 years old about 5'8 and 310lbs. i have always been "big" but never weighed this much before. I found out that i weighed that much when i went to the doctor this past tuesday and at first, i felt depressed but then i thought, gettiung angry or sad or depressed over this isn't going to change anything. So when i got home i got online and started doing research and i found this site. I created my profile and got my work out plan for the week and started doing it! And i am so proud of myself because today i took it one step further. I called up a friend of mine and we went to the track together and walked a few laps and jogged some. I told her about this site and she has decided to join aswell and we are going to start workin out together. I'm so excited to finally do something about my weight instead of being depressed about it. I just hope i can stick with it this time so if any one has any advice on motivation or exercise tips or anything at all please let me know!! i really want to make a change this time!!!
corless319
corless319
United States
2008/03/07, 04:03 PM
jessi i had a friend of mine who is 5'6 he was 320. He lost 100 lbs and he is so happy. it took him awhile he drinks water a lot and doesnt snack on much of anything. I thought i ate healthy ha. He is a strict eater and just by changing his diet alone he lost 40 lbs he was really obese though. Another thing is he his a huge gamer and sits down a lot. Diets are key. Jessi set goals. Small ones so you can reach them and feel good about them. acomplishing them will give the motivation to succeed. You can do it.
lyss1929
lyss1929
United States
2008/05/30, 10:12 PM
Honestly, I'd like to awknowlege how brave and inspiring you are, Jessi. I'm 18 and weigh 230 pounds ... I know it's about 80 pounds less than you, but last May I weighed 190 pounds and I really want to get back onto the ball, as well. Signing up with this site truly has been inspiring and I intend to walk around for at least 30 minutes (b/c I read if you wanna loose weight you should walk that much). I wish you the best of luck! :)

--------------
Skinny jeans, here I come! :big_smile: