Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Looking for support, suggestions, etc.

ice_queen94
ice_queen94
United States
2008/01/24, 09:58 PM
Okay, so...
Last year this one boy started to call me fat. It spread through all the boys in the school.
I had never thought I was fat until he said it... when he said it, I was 100 lbs and 5'2". I mean, I knew I wasnt stick thin, but I didnt think that I was fat until he said it.

After they kept on going at it, we started to go to "Girl Group" where we talked about issues we had with the school or anyone. I taked about my issues, and got some support. There were tears, annoyance, and heartbreak.

I stopped eating for days - my friends would shove food down my throat practically.

Now that we are in Junior High, I feel scared because people call me fat still - and I lost 10 lbs! I dont understand.
I really believe Im BiPolar or something.... I have sudden mood swings, get depressed at a moment and then feel fine the next.... and the issues at school and home are just.... uggh. I just feel like I could crawl in a corner and cry all day.

I recently stopped eating again. I know its dangerous, but I cant stop! My friends just dont understand how I feel.... no one does. :(

Any advice? :(
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/25, 02:25 PM
Hi ice_queen. If you are not able to talk to your parents, try talking to a teacher or counselor at school that you trust. You are going through a lot of "normal" teenage/pre-teen feelings that girls have to deal with, but you seem to be a little more down on yourself than you need to be. And quitting eating is not a good thing either and can lead to eating disorders down the road. Perhaps talking with someone would help. Good luck.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/01/25, 05:24 PM
Judging by your picture, you are NOT fat.

Do what amy suggests.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/01/31, 03:54 PM
I knew guys that did this in junior high school. It is usually to take the attention off of themselves and place it on another. This boy who started calling you fat is most likely one of the more self conscious people you know. Most bullies are. Since the others are equally as self conscious, they join in. Men have the tendency to not want to be the odd man out.

It could also be an attention getting method. He is looking for popularity and approval from his peers. One other thing that is possible is that he feels inadequate to be around you. He may have a crush on you but when he felt that you would not like him he trys to "destroy the one that he covets but cannot have."

Way too deep, sorry....
CliqueLuver
CliqueLuver
United States
2008/01/31, 04:23 PM
Ur definetly not fat. If you look at a body mass index, you are right where you should be, not to sound lyke ur personal trainer or anything. I happen to agree with both amy and merrillj. Some guys just joke around waay to much. Ask yourself a few questions:
Does he KNOW that this is really hurting ur feelings/does he think ur too sensetive?
Do you feel fat all the time?
ect,ect. Maybe if you can ask and answer these questions and more, you can get to the bottom ogf this insecurity.:)

--------------
XOXO
dardvl1991
dardvl1991
United States
2008/05/15, 04:38 PM
Ok, i feel i need to tell you, i went through the exact same thing in elementary school, you are not fat, not even mildly, neither was i, but espescially guys are blind to the matter that girls take those things to heart when they say them,and that it hurts us. i ignored them and i still do there are people who call me fat,inclusing my sister who weighs 265 pounds, im 5'10" and weigh 146 pounds i am not fat, neither are you, there are alot of people who will tell you things like that just to make themselves feel better about themselvers when they are insecure and have to find someone to put their guilt on

--------------
\\"Lifes Tough Get A Helmet!\\" quote made famous by- Me
~~~~~~~~~~~¢¾~The Blonde Female Wrestler~¢¾