Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Is anyone here dealing with EDNOS?

misslolo
misslolo
United States
2008/01/07, 11:34 PM
Hi I'm new here :) My friends call me lo, i am 21 years old 5'4 and 109 pounds. Ednos (or eating disorder not otherwise specified) has been a part of my life for 4 years (and binge purge anorexia for 3 years). I am wondering if anyone here is going through the same thing and might be able to lend support/ encouragement. My goal is to get in shape without resorting to purging or fasting. i think i might be able to do this the right way, and on my own. Thank you!
-lo
jmbush
jmbush
United States
2008/01/08, 05:22 AM
Hi lo I can tell you that eating disorders have been a part of my life for some time now. I use to weigh almost 400 lbs @ 5'3" and now down to 160. My psychologist says that depression plays a big role in eating disorders. we as women have this self image of what we should look like so eating gives us some comfort but then thinking about what we ate and purging to maintain that self image is the down fall. I cannot say for definite that I have overcome my bulimic ways but little by little I have back away from it. I found that working out and hanging with friends helps. If you ever wanna talk, you can find me around here. Good luck
ScarletMoon
ScarletMoon
United States
2008/01/11, 11:04 AM
Yes, I did have experienes with Ednos, so I know what you're going through. For me it wasn't really anorexia based, more along the lines of partial bulimia, chewing and spitting my food, over exercising, etc. I know that Ednos can be a scary disorder, I'm just now learning to rise out of the cycles, and make wiser choices. I hope you can do the same! Good luck with your recovery!