Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Hi im new... need some adivce

pixierockz
pixierockz
United States
2007/05/07, 10:11 PM
Well im a junior in high school and i weight 210... i used to weight 180 freshman year but over the years i go up. i guess its all the stress from school. soo much pressure. Freshman year i played tennis... dropped out cuz it was affecting my studies... and now my jr year is here and im currently in volleyball conditioning for my senior year so that i can play vollye ball next year. we do alot of running and weight training. and its two times a week. do u think i will be able to lose at least 10 pounds a month?? i have days where i hardly eat.. like i dont eat breakfast cuz i get sick in the morning when i do... at lunch ill have like something simple like a sandwhich and an apple. I ussssssed to drink alot of water. but this month i have been drinking alot of soda.... and thats when i noticed i gained like 10 pounds!! i was like OMG!! Nooo so ive cut out soda COMPLETLY again. but i reallly want to lose at least 50 pound before i go back to school. im planning on working out during the summer. I try to work out at home but i cant do it!! too many distractions. i would soo much rather work out at a gym but i have no one to take me.. i wont have my liscence till august... i do have a car but i doubt it my parents would let me drive to the gym which is less than 5 min away. Doesn ne one have ne advice for me?? diet plans to try?? pills to try?? my parents used herbal life and lost ALOT of weight. im thinking of trying that but i feel its too much of a hassle with all the pills.

im thinking of along with my volleyball conditioning to run everyday till my conditoning days.

so yes. ANY ADVICE OR CRITIZISM WELCOMED! =0] :)

-marcie
pixierockz
pixierockz
United States
2007/05/08, 07:25 PM
ah yess i have something else to add. ive missed i believe one period. and ive always beeen irregular.... but ion if this can also be the cause of weight gain. i dont want to mention it to my mom becuase she'll just take me to the docter. and frankly ive asked her many times for her to change my docter because i do not feel comfortable having a male docter.
christal086
christal086
Australia
2007/05/08, 08:57 PM
one thing Dont EVER skip meals you have to eat healthy meals frequently to lose weight if you cant handle stomaching breakfast maybe try a protein drink make sure your not starving your bocy because it will actually make you hold onto fat. try working out a bit more maybe 4-5 time s a week and if the gym is only 5 mins away why not walk or jog instead of driving? and if your uncomfortable with a male doctor try looking for a female i was exactly the same and now have found a great female one. are you on the pill? i know that can cause a bit of weight gain.
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2007/05/12, 12:55 AM
Hmmm on the ive missed a period - if you aren't sexually active then I wouldn't worry about missing one unless this happens alot - as long as you have a period every 3 months then no worrys.

Usually when I lose wieght my period slows down or doesn't happen for a month.

don't do the diet pills - anything that really works, you then hear about people dying from them - life is more important. Find Asimmer's post on the Challange (I think in the general foram) follow that (or try the home workout in the execrise programs since you can't get a ride to the gym)

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language