Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Food Diary

frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/21, 01:10 PM
I have decided to start a food diary to help keep track and be responsible for the food i stuff in my mouth. I am going to try to stick with foods that are in the WSSC challenge list. I am hoping this will help me. I could write it down but then im the only one seeing it. If I have to put it here maybe that will be enough to keep me from eating the junk and since I visit this site frequently through out the day why not right. I will be honest with myself and whoever chooses to read this post. Feel free to join in if you would like and feel it may also benefit you to keep track of your food intake.....
Part of my problem is I eat a lot of food that I have no idea how many calories or any thing else it has in it. Because most times it is something thrown together. I am going to try to stop that. and try to keep track of calories also consumed. Wish me luck.

--------------
A** kissing only works if you know which one to kiss.

If your dog is fat, you\\'re not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown
\"Insanity is doing the same thing you\'ve always done and expecting different results.\"Roger Milliken
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/21, 01:15 PM
So far today
1 cup of coffee with 3 sugars and half and half
Cheerios for breakfast with skim milk
apple
1/3 cup cottage cheese

salad with eggs, cheese(bad) fat free ranch, carrots, cauliflower, little bit of broccoli 1/3 cottage cheese, hamburger patty (no bun)
Apple

I know some of these foods are not on the list. But I have not been to the store yet so this is the best I could do for now.

--------------

\"Insanity is doing the same thing you\'ve always done and expecting different results.\"Roger Milliken
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/21, 07:43 PM
After work-
1/2 handful of m&ms (BAD):(
slim fast high protein bar
dinner
Tuna casserole( my father put a ton of chese on top. so I ate under the cheese) about 1 cup
salad with creamy french and a small glass of sweet tea.

I was going to try to figure up the calories for this but not sure how to do that with the casserole.

Believe or not this is one of my better days. :)

--------------

msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/21, 11:08 PM
How many M&M's in a half a handful? lol. M&M's are what did me in for the last couple of weeks. Pretty pink and white and red M&M's sitting in jars on people's desks! Probably the reason I'm doing so well now is that, thanks to me, the jars are empty!

For the casserole, Fitday has 4 or so different versions of tuna casserole, made with either mushroom soup or cream sauce. If you dad's was made with one of those, at least you'd get a rough idea. Anyway, a cup is between 34 and 425 calories.
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/22, 08:14 AM
Thanks msmogreen,
Those dang m&m's They are my favorite!!!! Yeah well I'm gonna try to stay away from that jar. I will also check out the Fitday and see how many cals. Probably a lot with all the cheese that was on it. But i Dug under the cheese But it makes it a little greasy. YUCK.
thanks

--------------

frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/22, 09:32 AM
Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1659
grams cals %total

Fat: 59 529 33%
Sat: 23 204 13%
Poly: 12 105 6%
Mono: 16 148 9%
Carbs: 218 804 50%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 72 289 18%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

So I entered my food intake for yesterday and what I thought was a decent day was not so decent my Protein was low my carbs and fats were way too high But my Calories were not bad problem is they were the wrong kind of calories so I am still adjusting it may take me a minute to figure out what I shouldn't eat but all in all I guess it wasn't a horrible day.....:)

--------------

msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/22, 12:04 PM
That was supposed to be 345 or something not 34 calories, obviously. I also thought about the cheese--even though you didn't eat it, the fat would have dripped into the casserole.

============
Quoting from msmogreen:

How many M&M's in a half a handful? lol. M&M's are what did me in for the last couple of weeks. Pretty pink and white and red M&M's sitting in jars on people's desks! Probably the reason I'm doing so well now is that, thanks to me, the jars are empty!

For the casserole, Fitday has 4 or so different versions of tuna casserole, made with either mushroom soup or cream sauce. If you dad's was made with one of those, at least you'd get a rough idea. Anyway, a cup is between 34 and 425 calories.
=============
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/22, 04:45 PM
breakfast-Raisin Bran w/skim milk, apple
snack - slim fast bar
lunch bf patty on half bun, 1/2 banana,
snack - slim fast bar
2 bottles of water
dinner is gonna be hamburger stew.
I have really got to get to the store because I am limited on what I can eat. So i am trying to make do with what is available.
Calories Eaten Today
Total: 1176
grams cals %total

Fat: 38 341 30%
Sat: 15 131 11%
Poly: 5 44 4%
Mono: 9 77 7%
Carbs: 154 547 47%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein: 67 267 23%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%
My carbs are still too high but this will change after I can get to the store this weekend and but groceries for now I am just trying to keep my calories down.

This is not including dinner

--------------

frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/23, 10:15 PM
Today well..... BAD
BF- raisin bran w/ skim milk, apple
L - polish sausage, scalloped potatos, banana carrots w/ fat free ranch,
Snack- slimfast bar
d- 2 small pieces pizza
some fruit grapes,apples
Not my best but next week will get better I am excited to start the challenge and eat better. I will go to the store tomorrow. And take my list so I can get what I need to eat better.....

--------------