Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Help Me Binge Eaters!

frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/20, 08:21 AM
Well I am a binge eater depending on the day. When I get stressed I eat Bored I eat. I have been told to write down everything I eat. I have yet to try this . But I am starting a new challeng that asimmer is so good to get us all going on (in the general forum) . I plan to start writing down everything I eat. I have started to notice also the more junk food I eat the hungrier I get and I believe it's because my body is not getting the nutrition it should and it is trying to tell me this. Maybe we could post everything we eat on here and it would help us to be more conscious(I know i did not spell that right) of what we stuff in our mouths. Some days are good for me and some are down right horrible. It's best to catch it now because as the weight slowly creeps on it is harder to get it off. I was so close to pushing 200lbs it was sickening thats what made me want to get healthier. Now I am 165ish And Im still trying to lose more. Hope any of this helps
Trish

--------------
A** kissing only works if you know which one to kiss.

If your dog is fat, you\\'re not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown
\"Insanity is doing the same thing you\'ve always done and expecting different results.\"Roger Milliken
crazy_cat_06
crazy_cat_06
Australia
2007/02/20, 05:18 AM
Can anyone please offer some advice to dealing with binge eating.

I cannot stop, and its making me so miserable... I've had it on/off for a couple of years, but it has only started to be really bad in the last couple of weeks. I'm not yet overweight, but I have put on a few kilos recently.

If there are any suffers of binge eating out there, message back! I want to know how you manage it and I wanna hear from others who have overcome it!
allydym
allydym
United States
2007/03/23, 12:13 AM
Well i wa just reading and this caught my eye. Being that i have binged before...but you really have to use food as a drug it is only for you to survive..and know matter how much junk food you eat...you will never be satisfied...in fact it will just make you more depressed and over weight and more unhealthy...so just think about when you go to binge that your only feeding your self more problems and more defeat with NO satisfaction. I wish you the best. PS...keep working out and eating healthy through the week and give your self one or two cheat days it really helps. the more you deprive yourself the more you want to binge.

============
Quoting from crazy_cat_06:

Can anyone please offer some advice to dealing with binge eating.

I cannot stop, and its making me so miserable... I've had it on/off for a couple of years, but it has only started to be really bad in the last couple of weeks. I'm not yet overweight, but I have put on a few kilos recently.

If there are any suffers of binge eating out there, message back! I want to know how you manage it and I wanna hear from others who have overcome it!
=============
flutterbybleu
flutterbybleu
United States
2007/04/30, 02:56 PM
Ive been dealing with binging eating for as long as I can remember, and for me it is more of a punnishment than a comfort. Like, right now, I have been planning all day to go jogging, and, since i binged earlier, i dont think i deserve it.... Theres something that tells me I dont deserve to be thin! (and im not even fat) Its a real problem, and to top it off Im vegan, so I have to "sneak-eat" foods.
I think its good to talk about these things openly, because the shame of it just makes it worse.
Im new to this site, but I am open to talk about it any time! It calls for a mind-set change, and maybe we can all help eachother acheive this!
Bon Courage!
crazycro905
crazycro905
Canada
2007/06/14, 12:07 AM
I think eveyone binge eats from time to time. My problem is i get mad very fast or get stressed out and then i eat and eat and eat... recently when ever i get stressed from school or mad i pick up a book and start reading. if reading isn't your thing try something else that interests you and calms your nerves.
Also i find that if i keep going back to the fridge, i get a big glass, fill it with ice cubes and just drink a glass of water or two and leave the kitchen.
Try brushing your teeth when you are having one of those evil binge eating days, you wouldnt want to get your freshly brushed and flossed teeth dirty. Also, when you feel hungry your body might accually be a little dehydrated so drink water.
If you feel like your getting over weight my advice to you is do not deprive your body from food. your survival instinct will kick in and you will crack and binge eat. so eat in moderations and drink plenty of water.
exbinger
exbinger
United States
2009/07/28, 09:41 PM
try chewing gum - also, this website may also help - they give some great tips and tricks on how to stop overeating.. they work for me

wwww.compulsiveovereatinginfo.com
RedHotBride
RedHotBride
United States
2009/09/06, 12:18 AM
Exbinger is right. Gum really helps. I am also a binger. I am committing my self starting on the 7th. I try to buy mulitple flavors of keep and keep them every where, work, car, purse and home. If I am craving something sweet I chew the fruit flavored gums, if I am just simply wanting to stuff any thing in my mouth for no reason I chew the peppermint gum. That really helos curb the hunger. I also drink water while chewing as if helps to feel full. I need all the motivation I can get so if any one wants to be my shoulder to lean on please please help!:dumbbell:
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/09/06, 11:41 AM
More fiber and citrus fruits.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)